Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » LD log memory failure (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: LD log memory failure
Nick Nussini
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2011 06:19 AM      Profile for Nick Nussini   Email Nick Nussini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since last month we have doremi series 2 with cp22x0 and have a lot of problems with the full memory on the ti-board. The christies show that the ld log is full??
?

In this case the projector suddenly stop the show.

Is there anybody with the same problems?

Nick

|  IP: Logged

Knut Erik Slettum
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2011 08:50 AM      Profile for Knut Erik Slettum   Author's Homepage   Email Knut Erik Slettum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had the same problem twice here in Trondheim as well. Both within the last three weeks, both on Doremi DCP-2k4 and Christie CD 2220. We keep our Doremis on at all time (reboot every morning), and the projectors are in standby during the night.
Our support haven't given us a good answer on why this happens yet, and Doremi says the logs should clean themselves. But they don't...

Francis Casey
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2011 01:31 PM      Profile for Francis Casey   Email Francis Casey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
This seems to be a common problem, and Doremi's next software release is supposed to address the issue. In the mean time,you can try one of 2 things

1-- at the end of the last show of the day, press stop a couple times on the Doremi so that NO playlist is active. Leave the projector powered up over night. By morning the logs should have cleared.It is my understanding that the server must be inactive in order for it to clear the logs from the projector. Some situations, such as having a playlist loaded and in PAUSE mode prevent the server from ever getting a chance to clear the logs.

2-- if you need the logs cleared out right away, there is a file that Doremi can supply your tech support team to do this. They could email it to you. It is loaded from a USB stick just like a KDM, the server rebooted, and within a hour or so the logs should be cleared out of the projector.
Good luck.
Francis

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-08-2011 04:58 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the problem originates in the current Doremi firmware, but it seems that so far mostly Christie machines are affected.

Cinelister has to be emptied from playlists to call the normal erase routines.

The Doremi calls LD erase routines not often enough, so the memory is filled up and the board loses connection to the server. Doremi is working on a fix and have indeed issued a short-tem erase-patch for now.

- Carsten

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-08-2011 05:05 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GDC had a similar problem quite a while back but the problem was fixed before it was actually a problem. The server was trying to store too many projector related logs. A simple software patch fixed that problem long ago and I believe the server now only stores a month's worth of logs. You would know this by downloading or saving the logs fomr the admin panel in the server. If the save process goes on and on for ever then the Doremi is probably doing the same thing the GDC was. No real need for more than a months worth of logs. Saving the logs on the GDC now amounts to a blip on the screen when you hit "save"! I believe this is a Doremi issue and you guys should ride them hard until they get you a fix. If they can proove otherwise... then well, ok. Dump it in Christie's lap. It's just that the problem is way too similar...

Mark

Henning Anderson
Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2011 05:19 AM      Profile for Henning Anderson   Email Henning Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had the same problem. It occured on the night of the Harry Potter 7B. Our christie stopped working 5 minutes before the credits!!!!
The screen just went green. Talk about chaos with the customers.
I spend a good hour on the phone with the tech and we finally uploadet the patch via the touch screen display USB. and we were good to go.
The other problem with the patch solution was that it created a
"version mish match" so the red light is always on (indicating a critical alarm). That gives me a small heart attack every time i look at that machine.
By this time next year we should be running Barco's in all six screens, but i'll bet you that red light is still on until the very last day.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-09-2011 06:47 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone with a non-Christie machine and this LD issue?

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 08-09-2011 09:08 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen it with a Barco S2 projector and Doremi server. We installed a run-once package which cleared it up. We were told it was a rare-ish timing issue that consequently caused the server to not download and clear the TI log.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 08-09-2011 12:06 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Mark mentioned above, GDC had this issue too. I just finished doing that upgrade to a GDC that was driving an NEC 1200C. Works fine now.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-09-2011 05:31 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a new issue, related to a recent firmware upgrade? It seems that reports of this issue are popping up just now.

- Carsten

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-09-2011 06:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually never saw the consequence of it happenning on any I've installed. It may have happened to one of my early installations of GDC & NEC 2000 in Wyoming but I believe GDC tech support remoted in to that server and did the upgrade.

Mark

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-10-2011 01:57 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Henning Anderson
The other problem with the patch solution was that it created a
"version mish match" so the red light is always on (indicating a critical alarm). That gives me a small heart attack every time i look at that machine.

Get that fixed pronto or the heart attack will become real. Call your Christie tech back.

Henning Anderson
Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2011 07:33 AM      Profile for Henning Anderson   Email Henning Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the warning, Brad. I'll write my tech a mail right away. I don't want to be carried out of the booth just yet [Smile]

If this version mish match is not taken care, what will happen then?? I sometimes need to threaten them into action [Mad]

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 08-10-2011 06:37 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"If this version mish match is not taken care, what will happen then??"

I don't know. Do you really want to find out? A critical alarm indicates a rather serious situation that should be dealt with immediately.
Everything in the projector is controlled via software. Christie publishes very detailed instructions for software upgrades, and when upgrading early versions you may have to install several upgrade versions in a row to get "up-to-date". I've heard of one case where a power supply and at least one circuit board failed dramatically - with smoke and sparks - when the procedure was not followed exactly.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-12-2011 08:28 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would happen if one would just completely power down both the server and projector on a once a week basis - to 'clear out the cobwebs' so to say, and start fresh?

..and with the SONY just do a total shutdown, then push the grey button on the status tower to turn it back on after a few minutes?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: