Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Ultra Stereo JSD-100 info

Author Topic: Ultra Stereo JSD-100 info
Kenny Thies
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2011 06:10 PM      Profile for Kenny Thies   Email Kenny Thies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of what a Ultra Stereo JSD-100 would cost and if you have used one, how well it operates and if it is worth the money.

Thanks,

Kenny

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-03-2011 07:07 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what they cost, but they are relatively inexpensive and they are what we've been installing for some of our digital conversions. They work fine - web or their software interface via laptop and Ethernet. DB-25 for the AES in, RCAs for the N/S and HI, Phoenix connectors and/or DB-25 for the outs. Doing a B-chain on them is straightforward. Built-in pink noise and RTA but so far I've not used their RTA.
There is a manual for it here in the F-T warehouse.

They seem to work well and I assume they're "worth the money."

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-03-2011 09:04 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are more or less brand new and reliable. I would think a "used one" is a long shot. (bad things get removed quickly.) Louis

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 06-04-2011 12:16 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just remember that these are digital only. They do not have the ability to run analog sound from 35mm soundheads.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: