Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Using CP65 for Digital Cinema

Author Topic: Using CP65 for Digital Cinema
Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2011 09:59 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just found out that we are converting to all digital in 5 weeks. My understanding is that they are planning to use the existing CP65's. Looking over the diagrams I don't see a 6 channel aux input. Are we able to use the DA20 inputs?

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-18-2011 10:32 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. louis

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2011 11:06 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I was hoping. Thanks Louis.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 05-18-2011 07:15 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better make sure of your server audio output. Digital or analog?

The inputs to the 65 are analog. You need to convert the digital using USL DAX at a minimum, or ECI, Dolby DMA8, etc.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2011 10:26 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To my knowledge they are using the USL DAX D/A converter.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 05-19-2011 11:59 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every server manufacturer or integrator offers their own D/A converter anyway if the server has no analog outs himself or the CP no digital in.
It's usually part of the package if a decent pre-offer inventory has been requested. In addition to the D/A, you may also need a multichannel switching box with automation input. Or, a solution like DMA8 which includes it.

- Carsten

Olivier Lemaire
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2011 08:47 PM      Profile for Olivier Lemaire   Author's Homepage   Email Olivier Lemaire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a Doremi DCP2K and it's A/D converted (named AUD-D2A), and you'll be fine.

In some weeks, the latest Doremi software release will even allow you to deal sound level as if you had a remote fader [Smile]

So, don't worry - be happy [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: