Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » WARNING - Adjustment Bureau

Author Topic: WARNING - Adjustment Bureau
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-03-2011 01:15 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a friendly warning for everyone running Adjustment Bureau to please check their content!

This is not a QC request. Here is the scenario...

• Drive is ingested into the library as normal.
  • Content is then transferred to a screen server.
  • Transfer crashes at the 12GB point.
This exact same issue has been repeated in multiple locations in different cities and states. It isn't a fluke.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-03-2011 03:32 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
An update...

Whoever mastered the DCP for Cinedigm screwed up the mastering. They are aware of the issue and have verified network transfers will not work with Dolby systems (and possibly others). This is because the DCP was not created following specifications. There is no plan to re-create the DCP to spec.

DO NOT RETURN YOUR HARD DRIVES UNTIL YOU ARE DONE WITH THE MOVIE!

Don't say I didn't warn you. [Wink]

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 03-03-2011 03:34 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, wait. Digital is PERFECT, this can't possibly be happening [evil]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-03-2011 03:44 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
There is no plan to re-create the DCP to spec.
Are the affected movie theaters supposed to beg for a 35mm film print (if they still have working film projectors installed) or just book something else?
[Confused]

The devil is in the details. I have had a really shitty week over that one. Someone up the chain overlooking a critical detail "because it's not important" leads to problems for the people doing the actual "heavy lifting." Sometimes you get to start over from scratch -a real fun thing with design work under crazy deadlines.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2011 11:02 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or the theater chain cancels the booking.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2011 03:03 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think what it means is you'll have to directly ingest the content into each screen you want to play it on as opposed to the normal procedure of ingesting into a central server and then transferring the content to whatever screen you want to run it on.

Daniel Cook
Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2011 07:13 AM      Profile for Daniel Cook   Email Daniel Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our copy ingested and plays fine we ingested onto a doremi dcp-2k4 server we did how ever ingest to the screen we are playing the feature instead of a central server.

I did how ever worry when i saw the post as i knew we was playing this on its release date & at that time no reply's had been posted.

hope this information helps anyone [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: