Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » server connect toaudi lights

Author Topic: server connect toaudi lights
Sanish Prabhakaran
Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2011 02:46 AM      Profile for Sanish Prabhakaran   Author's Homepage   Email Sanish Prabhakaran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hai,
any one can helpme me connect dss200 sever to dimmer control(we are using paradim dimmer)for theater auditorium lights.i like to work with cues.please give some good response.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-21-2011 02:57 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Your duplicate post was deleted. It is important you read and follow the rules.

Sanish Prabhakaran
Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2011 12:16 PM      Profile for Sanish Prabhakaran   Author's Homepage   Email Sanish Prabhakaran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry, that was by a mistake,actually i wana move my topic to digital forum,so any one can tell me about the serial automation

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-21-2011 12:43 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For contact closure type outputs from the Dolby DSS200, one can program the GPIO port to function (note they are open-collector outputs, not true relay so some interfacing may be required for your dimmer).

For serial control, it is really easy, You get to define the output string sent on the serial connector for each light command...set it to match what your dimmer is looking for (if your dimmer can be controlled serially).

Lastly (and the most popular ways) are to use an automation interface that will connect to the Dolby serial port and provide relay closures (or Ethernet commands) or serial commands to the various devices. Companies like MiT, Strong/EPRAD, JNIOR and Film-Tech have suitable automations.

Sanish Prabhakaran
Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2011 07:09 AM      Profile for Sanish Prabhakaran   Author's Homepage   Email Sanish Prabhakaran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dear steave,thank you for your valuable information,i already gave the connetion to dimmer.i gave direct connetion to dimmer for gpio connector.its working fine with paradimm dimmer anytronics dimmer.in this dimmer input signal voltage is less than 10 volt.so its working porperly.i didnt buy any iterface card for .gpio is a continue cloasure relay.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: