Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Geffen Scaler question...

Author Topic: Geffen Scaler question...
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 02-10-2011 03:30 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to get rid of the annoying on-screen display that comes up when you change inputs on this. Not the menu display, but the one in the top left corner that gives you the resolution for about 5 seconds every time you change sources.

Anyone know if this is possible? I sure hope it is but I can't find it in the manual.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-10-2011 05:00 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep pressing the down arrow until you get to the option "onscreen" (at least I think that is it) and then use the right arrow to turn it off, then keep pressing the down arrow to get out of the menu.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 02-14-2011 06:59 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brad

Thanks for that. No joy with it though unfortunately.

Apparently, there is a firmware upgrade available for this unit. I am told that this firmware enables the OSD to be turned on and off via the menu.

Sam King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2011 06:26 PM      Profile for Sam King   Email Sam King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a few Geffens here and I would also like to get rid of that OSD. How does one obtain the upgrade and how does the Geffen recieve it via?

thanks!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: