Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » machine stops and there will be light - or will there?

Author Topic: machine stops and there will be light - or will there?
Jorgen Larsen
Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2011 03:06 PM      Profile for Jorgen Larsen   Email Jorgen Larsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On our old anloge machines, there was a relay that activated the light in the hall so the audience would not sit in total darkness if the machine is stopped due to a technical problem. What with digital machines. Here in Denmark there are some cinemas that use Dolby DSS 200. How far are you in America with this problem. Has anyone on this forum a solution to this problem or is it already solved in the U.S.
Hope sombody knows somethings about this.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2011 05:22 PM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jorgen,

not sure if this can help you but have a look at the GPO on the dolby server. There is a status output (digital failsafe) if I'm not wrong.
Hook up some hardware and you should have what you need.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-11-2011 03:12 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you mention the DSS200? Because it solves the problem, or because you want to know how to solve it on this machine?

The Failsafe should of course not only monitor the server play status, but should be activated as well if the server notices a projector issue (lamp out) through the ethernet connection to it. And maybe other things as well.

- Carsten

Jorgen Larsen
Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2011 12:40 PM      Profile for Jorgen Larsen   Email Jorgen Larsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will solve the problem. Does anyone have any specifications about the DSS 200 failsafe option? thank you

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-14-2011 05:48 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I ask something about a Dolby server, I am told that there are no printed or PDF manuals, but it's all in the online help system on the server. You should look it up there.

The DSS200 installation manual mentions Failsafe though three pins on the Option IO connector of the server. Try to look it up in the online help. You will probably just need to wire a connection to your automation or light controller to enable lights-on for a failure condition.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: