Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CA21 Won't talk to Doremi/Barco

Author Topic: CA21 Won't talk to Doremi/Barco
Paul Heynen
Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2011 06:23 PM      Profile for Paul Heynen   Email Paul Heynen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Had someone at work accidently delete all the macros off our Doremi server on a Barco DCP. Now the CA21 won't talk to the server, so it can't cue the projector to play at the the start when the timer counts down. Oddly the Doremi can still cue down the CA21 once it's started. So it seems only one way. Any Ideas?

Cheers

Paul

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-01-2011 09:18 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a Doremi issue. You are going to have to re-configure it. Odds are the cue'ing is GPO and the Barco communication is serial or serial to ethernet.

Robert John Jeromson
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2011 01:34 AM      Profile for Robert John Jeromson   Email Robert John Jeromson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, it was working before the macros got deleted, yes? Interesting that you are using the session timer on the CA21 to start the show and not using the internal timer in the Doremi...

Paul Heynen
Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2011 06:14 AM      Profile for Paul Heynen   Email Paul Heynen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brad, ran a diagnostic and will shoot Doremi an email about it to see if there is anything they can do. Not sure myself as to the communication method.

Hi Robert, yes it was working fine before the macros got deleted. They hit the Reset button in the macro editing program and lost all the macros (and a bit more it seems). They have all been remade since. I guess we just use the session timer on the CA21 because it's what we have always done and what we were shown to do. The only thing our Doremi server is able to do is to cue down the Automation, it hasn't been set up to do anything else, to set fader levels or open masking for example. Makes sense to me to just set timer on CA21 because you'd still have to at least press GO on it between every session. Our DCP's aren't networked yet either, but I guess that'll probably happen soon enough.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: