Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » dsp100 and dss100 lost of comunication

Author Topic: dsp100 and dss100 lost of comunication
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2010 12:05 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi.
im having a problem betwen the Dolby dsp100 and the dss100.
during a show the dsp100 shows on screen "SEARCHING FOR SHOW STORE".
i check the ethernet wire and replace it for a new one but nothing.
after a long night trying to find the problem i found out that the DSS100 is the problem. i move it a little bit out of the rack and boom the problem shows again.
i restart the server and start a show, after that i check again all the connections again but if i hit a little bit the dss100 break connection again with the dsp100.

did someone experiment this problem?

thanks

mike moreno
mexico

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-25-2010 12:17 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope...I've never had that problem with them. The "Searching for Show Store" is going to be in the "Link" cable (direct connection between the DSP100/DSS100) or the DSS100.

Out of curiosity...what is the system that you are running? If you don't know, click on the Dolby logo on the bottom left corner of the screen and it will bring up the "splash" screen that will show the system number (note the system number is not the same as EITHER they Show Store firmware or the DSP100 firmware...it is a combination of both...very confusing).

If you are not running 4.2.1 (b3) you are out of date and are entitled to an upgrade (Dolby recently did this around October...to ensure all were updated). One thing I have found with system 4.2.x.x is that it is much more resilient at recovering from missing items (projector, or pieces of the DSP100/DSS100).

Note, to update the unit, you will need a KDM from Dolby that is specific to your DSP100, in addition to the actual software (you will need Dolby Software Update and the DSP100 specific firmware update, and the DSS100/DSS200 update disc). If you are not on version 4.x.x.x of the System, you will also need the KDMs of ALL encrypted content as the update will wipe them.

-Steve

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2010 02:29 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
steve,
it says
DOLBY SYSTEM 4.2.1 (3)
show manager version: 4.2.4.18
connected toserver version: 04.02.04.18 at 192.168.241.3

mike moreno
mexico

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 11-25-2010 03:37 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had this problem twice in one house. The first time it was a faulty DSS100. They just had a similar problem again at the same place and this time it was the DSP and we went throuh all the procedures Steve Mentioned.

The DSS had a hardware fault for sure the first time but I have not heard what the problem was with the DSP100.

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-25-2010 06:05 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would go to the System->Logs tab and download a complete set of logs to a thumb drive and get them to your Dolby rep. They will be able to see just what isn't talking to what.

-Steve

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 11-26-2010 10:56 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried running the config script?

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2010 12:04 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seen this any number of times.

Firstly, check the link cable is firmly seated, even replace it. Hell it's only a short gigabit patch cable.

Secondly, the physical port on the back of the DSS100, well internally there's a short cable that connects into another RJ45 socket on a board inside, can't remember if it's the motherboard or a NIC, anyhoo.... That little cable of the RJ45 socket on the back love to go faulty. More than once I've ressurected a DSS100/DSP100 in this state by taking the lid off the DSS100 and plugging the link cable in direct.

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2010 05:35 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i send the system log, i can see the fault 233 and the exactly hour of the problem but thats it.

i think is something else inside, maybe as Pete mention one of the small ethernet cable but i didnt want to move anything inside. we just send the DSS100 tho repair with our local Dolby dealer.
when i found what was the problem i will tell you guys.

and thanks for your help. [beer]
mike moreno

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 09-07-2014 12:14 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1376 days since the last post.

Mohd Ridzuan
Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2014 12:14 AM      Profile for Mohd Ridzuan   Email Mohd Ridzuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I've got an issue with my DSS100. My DSP100 had no problem to play the content but my DSL/DSS100 had shown on my external monitor connecting and keep counting the whole day.

All contents can be play but no cues detected.

Checked on the network cable all fine. Now shows running without problem except all automation need to do manually. I leave it 1st cause don't want to shutdown the hall.

I'm planning to unconfig and config after end shows. Did anyone knows what happening.

Version running 0n 4.3.5 (13) Show Manager version 4.3.3.7-g

Steve Guttag

- posted 09-07-2014 10:06 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reboot the DSS100 and it will wake up normally. If you want to see what is going on while it is stuck on the splash screen, you can use a <CNTL>+F5 and get a CLI version of each thing executing.

While you can try using the <CNTRL>+Q to restart the show manager...that has never taken it out of this mode...it will just be stuck on the splash screen.

Naturally, I always recommend getting away from System 4.3.5.13...it is not a good version...if you want to stay non-DCI, then move back to 4.3.5.9. Since it is a DSS100/DSP100...it is the same DSP100 version so no keys are required.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: