Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » EX/7.1 cabling CP750 - DCM-10

Author Topic: EX/7.1 cabling CP750 - DCM-10
Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-17-2010 10:54 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know a source for cables to connect a CP750 main output to a DCM10 monitor/crossover? The DCM has two DB25 inputs with 1:1 pinouts for the two cables required for EX when using a CP650EX or a CP500+SA10, so two flat cables and crimp-on DB25s are all you need. The CP750 has all 8 output channels on one connector with a revised pinout different in most every way from the old Dolby output pinout. It looks like I need a "Y" cable from the CP750 output to both DCM inputs. Is such a cable available or do I have to make it myself?

|  IP: Logged

Samuel Hynds
Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2010 10:57 AM      Profile for Samuel Hynds   Email Samuel Hynds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those dual connector are for the CP650 with EX surrounds.

With the CP750 use a straight 25 pin connector and via the DCM 2010 manager software - select the USL/DTS processor.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: