Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Sony start templates not quite right

Author Topic: Sony start templates not quite right
Kyle Butler
Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2010 12:48 AM      Profile for Kyle Butler   Email Kyle Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anybody's running a Sony, it would help me greatly if you could post the order of a few of your start templates(scope 2D for 3D etc).

I seem to have a problem with the automation.
When switching from a flat show to a scope show, it generally requires starting, stopping and restarting the playlist a few times. Otherwise, the masking drops, but the scope image is centered on screen in the flat viewing area.(common width masking)

I'm at home right now, so i cant remember the exact order of ours, but basically, ive added 10 seconds of black between all of the commands with the assumption that the problems stems from the projector not being able open the douser, unmute the audio, change the format etc within the original 30 seconds that it was given. None of the templates existed on the server when it was installed last month, but the 30 second template is what SPS programmed and recommended.

I haven't had a chance to find a tech to help us out, so i figured I would give it a shot here first.

EDIT: This belongs in straight to video, and i swear to god that's where i was. How it ended up here is beyond me.
Sorry!

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 10-16-2010 03:14 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the SONY is an animal to tame for sure...

Don't you have "Scope 3D" and "Flat 3D" templates?

The "2D for 3D template" is for showing a 2D movie through the piggy-backed lenses, not for the single lens setup.

- good luck-Monte

Jonny Redman
Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2010 04:25 AM      Profile for Jonny Redman   Email Jonny Redman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the basic 2D Scope template we use every day without any problems.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9779/aaazx.jpg

Cues are as follows...

1. Power: On - Offset: 0
2. F1 (2D): FLAT - Offset: 60
3. Masking Flat - Offset: 75
4. Sound System Mute - Offset:115
5. Sound System Digital - Offset: 119
6. Douser: Off - Offset: 0
7. House Lights Half - Offset: 2
17*. House Lights Off - Offset: 0
8. F2 (2D): Scope - Offset: 0
9. Masking Scope - Offset: 2
10. House Lights Half : Offset (depends on end credits offset time)
11. Douser On - Offset: 0
12. Sound System Mute - Offset 1
13. House Lights Full - Offset: 2
14. Sound System Non-Sync - Offset: 5
15. Masking Flat - Offset 10
16. F1 (2D): FLAT - Offset: 30

For a 3D show the template is the same except for the lens commands. Hope this helps.

*Cue 17 is out of sequence because we added it last as we forgot to put it in as we made the template.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 10-16-2010 01:23 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's keep this template example ..

-

Kyle Butler
Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2010 05:31 PM      Profile for Kyle Butler   Email Kyle Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do have the other templates, but they're never used.
As of right now, we're not allowed to change lenses, so we have to use the 2D for 3D templates to run 2D films, in glorious 2K. [bs]

+ Thanks jonny, ill give it a try!
Although ours seems to be a hell of a lot less complicated.
From what i remember, its more of

audio on
douser on
lamp on
black mos10
function 9 FLAT 3D
black mos10

So my assumption is that they combined all of the masking and lighting cues into the functions.

Ill check it out and let you know what happens!

Jonny Redman
Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2010 04:57 AM      Profile for Jonny Redman   Email Jonny Redman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kyle Butler
So my assumption is that they combined all of the masking and lighting cues into the functions.
Could be, this is how our engineers at Sound Associates set it up during the install last February so I don't know of a simpler way of doing it at the moment. Though to be honest it was only complicated during the initial template creation, now they are made and locked down it's not even a factor.

We don't swap 2D and 3D lenses either, though at the moment only 3 of our 9 screens have 3D so we can still show 4K content in the majority of our screens.

Edit: The image link in my initial post seems to have gone wrong so here it is again.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f22/lovelockandload/4147e2b1.jpg

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: