Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » no image in a CP2000SB big problem

Author Topic: no image in a CP2000SB big problem
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 05:10 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi everybody. i have a huge problem, our CP2000SB during a show stops to send image to screen. we are showing the las air vender on 3D and for some reason the image desapear and just looks black on screen. i replace the 2 video cables and also the ethernet cable from the server ( doremi dcp2000) to the projector and nothing fix it.
i was talking with our tech support dealer but we couldnt find the problem by phone and rigth now im wating for their answer because they call to christie.
at the same time i send e mails to doremi and chrisite support but as you may know the theater MANAGER is braking my b...

if somebody have any idea of wath to check or do i apreciate it.

thanks a lot to everybody.

mike moreno
mexico

|  IP: Logged

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 07:21 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When does the image go black (is it the same time every time or at random points in the show)? How often does it happen-every single show or sporadic?

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 07:55 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the audio go away as well? Is the lamp still lit in the projector? What does the server say when this happens? Have you noticed if it works OK in 2D? Is the pop corn still good? (Woops, forget that last question).

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 09:10 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
today i upgrade the doremi software version but i still hace the problem.
its a random points of show but for long time and everything still normal (lamp on, sound un the auditorium playback on doremi normal)

i need to upgrade the projector but im not sure the correct way to do it.

Robert John Jeromson
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2010 02:29 AM      Profile for Robert John Jeromson   Email Robert John Jeromson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the dowser open in the machine after this happens? What version of the TPC software are you running?

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 09-09-2010 12:35 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was that the first show of "the last airbender"? Upgrading won't hurt, but I doubt your firmware got corrupted in the middle of a show!
Can you play anything else? Do you get "Projector link failure" on the Cinelister?
I'm not extremely familiar with the doremi but you can check some logs from the main menu.
And in DIAGNOSTIC you can check if the RAID is healthy.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-09-2010 01:49 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Dolphin Board inside the Doremi could be giving you problems causing random signal loss for some reason. You may find that a new server may be needed. If you are networked Doremi can access the server and do a diagnostic on it or you can save the diagnostic log to a flash drive and send it to them.

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2010 06:38 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys.

yes Darryl the problem is in the Doremi, las sunday i replace the projector thinking that the problem was that but bingo, it hapened again, los of projection.
today im gonna send the doremi to fix because i did all i can do (upgrade soft and firmw, cheking fans ).
iŽll thell you what hapen later after repair so maybe it would help somebody else in the future.

thanks for your help

mike moreno
citi cinemas

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2010 11:37 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Doremi has two Ethernet ports. One should use Ethernet port 1 and not 0 for connection to the auditorium network and Ethernet port 0 for connection to the theater network. One has to manually configure using static ip BOTH ports should a DHCP server not exist on port 0. Try and test a Macro execute command when it happens.
Demetris

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: