Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco DP3000 -- "LPS - not detected"

Author Topic: Barco DP3000 -- "LPS - not detected"
Carey Barber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2010 12:24 PM      Profile for Carey Barber   Email Carey Barber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Barco DP3000 cannot strike the lamp...The red tail-lights are on and we get an error message saying "LPS - not detected".

When speaking to the folks at Barco they felt that the LPS itself was not the problem, based on the indicator lights that were lit. Instead, Barco feels that this is some sort of connectivity issue between the LPS and projector.

We have already replaced a power board (I believe they called it a PCF board). We also replaced the control cable that runs from the LPS to the projector. Neither of these replacement parts did the trick.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is there another board that is the likely problem?

Thanks,
Carey

|  IP: Logged

Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2010 12:41 PM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the smps board. That is one of the many errors you can get when it's bad. Have you been getting any other errors like +12 volt system low, -12 volt system low, +5 volt . . . ?

We have had to replace the smps board twice now on our DP100

Carey Barber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2010 04:13 PM      Profile for Carey Barber   Email Carey Barber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only error message we receive on our touch panel is "LPS - not detected".

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2010 11:55 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There should be a small board between the LPS and the main processor. Its called the LPS interface. Check whether the connections on that board are solid or maybe something came loose. That is the board which makes all comunication as it converts high impetance I2C to low impetance I2C and vice versa for communication between the Barco Linux processor and LPS. Make sure you do not reverse any cable for it will burn it!.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: