Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie CP2000 and Lens Sizes

Author Topic: Christie CP2000 and Lens Sizes
Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2010 10:59 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,

I got a new install next week, but old projectors... CP2000-S.

I am a bit confused right now;
Auditorium 1 -
11.60 Meter x 4.95 Meter (scope)
9.20 Meter x 4.95 Meter (flat)
Masking Side Movement
Throw Distance 23.20 Meter
Screen - Matt White

So i get a ratio for scope is 1.61:1 and flat 2.02:1 the only lens i can find to fit is the 1.45-2.05:1 High Brightness Lens, can it be used in the CP-2000-S? No idea... all the while we have been using the High Contrast...

In what situation does the anamorphic lens be used? care to enlighten me please :-)

Thanks..
Danial.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-07-2010 12:02 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a 1.6 - 2.4 lens (108-336103-01) that barely fits your range...one should allow 3-5% slop on the range of a lens though.

It also is a High Brightness lens.

If you have side movable masking, Anamorphic lenses better balance out the light. You would lens up for "Flat" and have the anamorphic lens swing in for scope...quite easy. You will get about 23% more light with scope this way and not have the lamp current varying like you would if you if you just zoomed. Also, with the older projector, it can be automatic...just have the channel swing the anamorphic in.

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2010 05:21 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve, thanks for the advice,

I was informed that the High Brightness lens wont fit into a CP2000-S is this true?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-08-2010 06:01 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not heard that.

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2010 12:52 PM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

have you installed a high brightness lens into a CP2000-S before?

I'm a bit worried, all these digital stuff ai'nt cheap for us.. haha.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: