Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » RealD to Launch Kids Eyewear with Toy Story 3

Author Topic: RealD to Launch Kids Eyewear with Toy Story 3
Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2010 02:36 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just received an email from RealD that they will be launching kids eye wear with the release of Toy Story 3.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-18-2010 02:38 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So will there be a "child" markup for a 3D movie if they get the kid glasses? It only makes sense to have less of a markup for them due to that.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2010 03:36 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least for the time being the markup is not to pay for the glasses. If I understand correctly the studios pay for the glasses. The markup goes to the studios (which I guess indirectly pays for the glasses), RealD, and whatever small portion is left over goes to the theatre.

Kid glasses are an excellent idea; I can't tell you how many kids I've seen not wearing the glasses during the movie. I can't say for sure its a comfort issue but I have a strong suspicion thats whats going on.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-18-2010 03:38 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These must have been being trialled here somewhere as we found a pair in the cinema about 5 weeks ago someone had left. They'll be very popular and are a great idea.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-18-2010 04:48 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, when I see families attending Real D movies that the kids more enjoy the glasses when they take them home thinking that they're great costume, or novelty attair than the real purpose of seeing a 3D movie with.

..don't you love the young minds of our children?

-Monte

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 05-18-2010 09:41 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Chicken Little Real-D glasses were also themed to look like the main character's glasses. Kind of a cool idea.

edit: Oh I see, the glasses are just smaller. Not themed in any way. Nevermind then.

Manny Montes
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2010 12:47 AM      Profile for Manny Montes   Email Manny Montes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've had these for about a month now, the "kids" glasses are more for kids aged 0-6, they are TINY.

Elise Brandt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2010 08:19 AM      Profile for Elise Brandt   Email Elise Brandt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have smaller sizes on the Xpand glasses? Are there any..? (I'm guessing no at the moment) kiddie sizes would be welcome at our cinema, plus I would personally like to get a pair, if even just one, for myself. My head? Tiny too.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: