Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco Policy Trailers?

Author Topic: Barco Policy Trailers?
Sam King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2010 06:00 PM      Profile for Sam King   Email Sam King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We recently went all Barco in our booth (quite an improvement on picture quality and lamp efficiency over the CP2000's). Anyone know if a Barco Policy trailer exists?

thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2010 09:43 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what you mean with "policy trailier"? Some stuff can be downloaded here: http://www.barco.com/en/digitalcinema/downloads/

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 08-02-2010 03:00 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you want to do free advertising for an equipment manufacturer, especially one whose name means absolutely nothing to the movie going public? Barco doesn't exactly have the name recognition as Dolby. $50.00 per screening would be about right.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 08-02-2010 03:03 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a Barco trailer is well-done and has "wow factor" for the audience why would you care if it's free advertising? If the trailer sucks well then you shouldn't waste your time with it.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-02-2010 08:50 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't use policy trailers, but I like to have some kind of break between the trailers and the feature. I really like the Technicolor Digital Cinema logo. Since Dolby for some unexplainable reason doesn't provide any "digital" digital sound tags, I use the Technicolor one. It's colorful, loud and impressive and most importantly, short and not annoying.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-02-2010 10:55 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby do have a Digital Cinema tag.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-03-2010 06:08 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike...you don't have the Countdown "Believe your Eyes"? That is on every Dolby server. Many people like the deep bass on it.

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2010 12:52 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know where you can download the DLP "Birth" and/or "Power" policies?

Justin B. Martin
Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2010 04:33 PM      Profile for Justin B. Martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan, the direct link to those DLP trailers is...

ftp://dcinema02:read0nly@ftp.christiedigital.com/

...I'm not sure about the Birth ones as they're already on our Doremi but none of the "Power" ones were working (invalid assetmaps). I emailed Christie about it but got no response.

Justin B. Martin
Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2010 08:55 PM      Profile for Justin B. Martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
We don't use policy trailers, but I like to have some kind of break between the trailers and the feature. I really like the Technicolor Digital Cinema logo. Since Dolby for some unexplainable reason doesn't provide any "digital" digital sound tags, I use the Technicolor one. It's colorful, loud and impressive and most importantly, short and not annoying.
I only use the TDC one for its respective features (if I'm playing a Cinedigm show, I'll use theirs). And these I like to put at the very end because audiences don't like being inundated with policy/advertisements, especially ones I'm forced to play.

Deluxe Digital should come up with a ten-second one but I guess they don't care about advertising their product.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: