Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » problem with dolby showstore and showplayer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: problem with dolby showstore and showplayer
Hordur Valgardsson
Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2010 04:27 AM      Profile for Hordur Valgardsson   Author's Homepage   Email Hordur Valgardsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all i am wondering if any of you have had the below problem with the showstore from dolby ?
i´ve sent it to our support and they forwarded it to dolby to see what can be done apart from deleting everything and installing again. but i thought i´d try to ask if any of you have had this happen ?

Basically

- showstore monitor show no content at all but showplayer (the smaller monitor shows all the clips etc..)

- I can ftp into the showstore

- I can see all the content there

- Showplayer shows all clips loaded into the showstore on its small screen

- The showstore bigger lcd monitor does NOT show any content.

- I can create a new show on the showstore but no clips or cues are showing.

- I tried loading a new trailer into the showstore but that was not seeable on the showestore.

- I can see on the showstore monitor that 40 gbs are free out off 1100gb

- when I select a clip to playback on the showplayer then it selects the clip only on the showplayer.

- the bigger showstore monitor starts selecting the content but ends up with nothing selected and asks to select show.

|  IP: Logged

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2010 08:43 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try running the unconfig script using the terminal?

Hordur Valgardsson
Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2010 08:54 AM      Profile for Hordur Valgardsson   Author's Homepage   Email Hordur Valgardsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We already tried that
also we tried re-installing the latest showstore update.
no luck unfortunately

Kevin Fairchild
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2010 11:18 AM      Profile for Kevin Fairchild   Email Kevin Fairchild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try using the latest showstore installer iso (not the update)
That should wipe everything as it will reinstall the entire Dolby OS.
Make sure you have all content backed up first.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-21-2010 02:37 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, the joys of D-Cinema that is supposed to make all our lives easier.. [Roll Eyes]

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2010 03:03 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When it breaks, you don't loose just one show.. You loose them all!!!

Shall I say it again?!

FILM RULES!

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2010 06:09 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like Show Manager running on the local Show Store has got it's knickers in a knot, it's not something as daft as IP conflict? Check the rotary switches on the back of the DSP100 are set to the same screen number as the DSS100. Also check/replace that damned Gigabit link cable between the two units.

We've seen a fair %age of DSS100s with faulty Ethernet ports on the back panel, I say the back panel because the physical port on the back is an extension cable from the ports on the motherboard and it's the extension that's failed. More than once we've got them back on screen by opening up the DS100 and plugging the Ethernet cables direct into the motherboard.

40gig free out of a loose Terrabyte is not much breathing space, you might want to try deleting or shifting some content. They don't work well without space to think. Also applying updates when short on space is not a good idea.

Hordur Valgardsson
Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2010 07:54 PM      Profile for Hordur Valgardsson   Author's Homepage   Email Hordur Valgardsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this issue has happened in another cinema we have and now it has happened the second time in the original screen it first happened in.

I solved it by installing the showmanager software again, but on random occasions the problem reappears and only solution seems to be a re-install, not even an unconfig works.

we are running software version 4.0.8: and apparently this has been happening in other cinemas too, but i´ve yet to recive a solution for the problem other than upgrade to version 4.2 wich will happen eventually but not yet.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-15-2010 02:53 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget you have to get keys for the media block from Dolby when you do the upgrade to 4.2

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2010 06:24 PM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any compelling reason (besides to fix a bug) to upgrade to 4.2?

All my servers are currently 4.1.7.8.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-15-2010 07:29 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
4.1.7.8 isn't actually the firmware number. Dolby likes to make it difficult to know what version you are actually on. [Wink]

If you are logging on via jupiter client, look at the very first line of text that appears immediately after starting it. I don't know how to verify what version you are on at the console, as I never use it.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2010 07:33 PM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am using Juipter client. I'll check that out.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-16-2010 06:22 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To know what version you are really on....click on the Dolby logo in the lower left corner...it will put the "splash screen" up. The actual "system version" will show, including the "build" number. The Current release version is 4.2.0 (b42). The DSP100 (or "Media Block" Cat 862 in a DSS200) has its own software version and the DSS100/200 show store has their own software version...but the "System" version is the combination of the two. Hence, it can be confusing to know what goes where.

I like 4.2...it seems more stable and recovers from issues better (projector not present or what not). Also, if you have a DSS200...rebuilding the RAID is automatic...upon a restart, there is no need to go to the 3WARE page...it will just rebuild and work.

I would say, if your software license is current...upgrade. As Brad said, make sure you have ALL of your KDMs for all content as they will be wiped. You will need to upgrade all systems on the network if you want them to communicate still and also the Jupiter Client. Upgrade the DSP100/Media Block first, then the Show Store.

Steve

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 07-16-2010 11:56 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, the joys of D-Cinema that is supposed to make all our lives easier.. [Roll Eyes]

Screw that, stick with film. [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-16-2010 01:41 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, I had mentioned making sure to have the media block keys, not to just blindly do the upgrade, but Steve's post reminded me that the content keys will be wiped as well.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: