Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Clash Of The Titans KDMs

Author Topic: Clash Of The Titans KDMs
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 03-29-2010 05:12 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone received theirs yet? We open this in 48 hours. Hopefully, it won't be like AVATAR's KDM issues.

Edit: Just received word they should start being issued today. [eyes]

|  IP: Logged

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2010 07:48 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
never received mine so i downloaded it from technicolor website.

but it still does not unlock until a few hours before first screening.

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2010 08:16 AM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got ours today, it's not valid until 6am tomorrow.

Justin Gorka
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2010 03:52 PM      Profile for Justin Gorka   Email Justin Gorka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got mine two days ago.....the hard drive would be useful though!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 03-31-2010 07:09 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got mine at 3.50 yesterday afternoon with a 6am 'opening day' unlock. When I questioned it, I was told we were generally pretty lucky to have gotten it this early as they've been completely strapped.

I don't get it. Why can't these things be worked out weeks...even months in advance? It's just matching site docs to file names. Even if the physical drive is not even in existence yet...that shouldn't matter.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 03-31-2010 08:51 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assume that there's probably some hash or other identifier of the actual digital files included in the keys somewhere to make sure they match, which means they probably can't be created at least until the digital file(s) are ready. But after that, yeah it should be an instant automated process to get them to the appropriate theaters. The fact that it's not makes one wonder if they have the right people working on it.

Phillip Grace
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2010 01:50 AM      Profile for Phillip Grace   Email Phillip Grace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never forget that like DTS and Vitaphone before it, this advanced technology is in the hands of (shudder) Film Distributors! [Wink]

Alex Shultz
Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2010 10:24 AM      Profile for Alex Shultz   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Shultz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They sent mine on Wed morning. I start it at 9pm Thursday. The key unlocked at 12:01 Thursday.

Alastair Comrie
Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2010 04:35 PM      Profile for Alastair Comrie   Email Alastair Comrie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We received ours 10:30pm the night before opening with it unlocking at 7:30am. The email also said they were "resending" the KDM.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2010 06:44 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dont you just love the way they treat us all like we are idiots? Do they think we won't call if the movie won't play?

Elise Brandt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2010 05:44 AM      Profile for Elise Brandt   Email Elise Brandt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmh. We got our keys just now, with the opening a week away. Keys unlock three days before the opening date, too.

Why is it so different with you guys in the US? It seems to me that for you the keys are always late (or they unlock at impossible times) and you're generally just being bullied and underestimated all the time. With us, it's more of an exception than the rule...

Peter Castle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2010 11:16 PM      Profile for Peter Castle   Email Peter Castle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are all very lucky.
One distributor in Australia, for a single screening, opens the file for six hours! (This is not for "Titans" - just other shows from another distrbutor.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: