Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Technicolor KDM Download Portal

Author Topic: Technicolor KDM Download Portal
Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2010 11:57 AM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were just invited to start using Technicolors online KDM portal. Instead of waiting for the keys to be delivered you can log in and select whichever ones are valid for your site and download and unzip them yourself. I haven't used it yet, but I like the idea. Anyone have any experience with this or a Deluxe version?

|  IP: Logged

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2010 11:44 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technicolor sent a message tonight telling us to disregard the KDM portal because the company we both work for is having issues about potential security problems.

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2010 12:04 AM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I saw that. I kinda laughed at that. I guess they don't want us downloading anything onto the company's computers.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-03-2010 12:15 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be nicer if they just had a "download all" button for all locations linked to a particular account, but they did just start doing this so I doubt what we see is the final version.

Your company could always just block the domain from your theater if they are that paranoid. [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: