Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Panasonic PT - DW7000U video projector

Author Topic: Panasonic PT - DW7000U video projector
Matt Gress
Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2010 11:27 AM      Profile for Matt Gress   Email Matt Gress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've had it for a year and a half and recently, our PT-DW7000U has been giving me trouble at the beginning of the day. Sometimes at power-up, the temp light flashes three times, indicating the cooling fan has stopped, even though I can hear it. Usually, this is remedied by trying again after the projector cools awhile - and then it runs fine all day. Sometimes it doesn't give anyone trouble for days. The filter is very clean but the projector has never cleaned inside. I imagine this is a pretty easy thing to do, but before I embark I wanted to see if anyone had advice or if anyone had run into this problem.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2010 08:13 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard of issues with the 5000 model , when lamps are run on dual on the high setting it was causing a board to overheat and do crazy stuff. I would assume this would have been corrected in the 7000 however it maybe worth a try running with lamps on low setting and see .....

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-02-2010 03:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really dislike the way Panasonic projectors are made internally although they perform decently while they work. I have a PT-780 at home and the dang thing probably has close to a dozen fans in it... totally ludicrous! Best thing is to have it serviced and clean the dust from all the blowers themselves... They are more than likely plugged up. The cheapo filter they use on them doesn't do squat in dusty environments!

Unless you are a very competant tech it'll have to be sent it.

Mark

Matt Gress
Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2010 12:14 PM      Profile for Matt Gress   Email Matt Gress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over the weekend, I hooked it up to a laptop through the ethernet for diagnosis. Then, I could never get it to fail so I couldn't figure out what was going on. After the ethernet connection, it just starts up no problem. It "fixed" itself, or did it? I hate intermittent problems.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: