Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CHRISTIE CDXL 30SD Vs CDXL 30

Author Topic: CHRISTIE CDXL 30SD Vs CDXL 30
David Stone
Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2010 06:08 PM      Profile for David Stone   Email David Stone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys,

I have a Christie 2000ZX with a CDXL 30SD xenon running 1000 watts on 2D and 2100 watts on 3D scope. The installer wants to swap the xenon to a CDXL 30 for unknown reasons. Putting the extra 500 hrs warranty aside, would it be better to continue to use the 30SD xenon becuse the 30 will need to run 100% on 3D scope from day 1. Allowing for light loss over time and the increased operating temperatures, which do you think is the best way to proceed.

Cheers,

David.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-24-2010 07:05 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having not run your numbers, I can't say if it is true that the CDXL-30 would need to run at 100% for scope.

However, if that is indeed the case, then I would stick with the SD. If it is not the case then I would switch to the CDXL-30. The key is, you should meet/exceed spec at the end of the lamp's life, period.

Another thing I have found though actual test is that as lamps approach 100% of their rated current, their darkening speeds increases geometrically. So when you are at 120% (top of allowable range), you are really consuming the lamp.

Steve

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: