Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Focus Issues with NEC (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Focus Issues with NEC
Sonja O'Reilly
Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2010 01:03 AM      Profile for Sonja O'Reilly   Email Sonja O'Reilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our NEC digital is having issues with staying in focus with the film Avatar. I always assumed that the digital projectors would never have to be focused, but I was wrong.
Does anyone know what could fix this, short of calling in an old priest and a young priest? I know how to manually focus the lens, but its not staying focused.

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-02-2010 01:08 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can do that with the remote with the cabling that goes from the remote to the jack on the side of the unit with the unit powered down in standby mode when you connect the remote, but it's best to get your DCI "tekkie" there to do this task since it could be an issue with the lens focusing assembly itself.

Good luck-Monte

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-02-2010 01:38 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Digital should never have to be focused once setup. You should get your tech in there because something is wrong.

Sonja O'Reilly
Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2010 03:13 AM      Profile for Sonja O'Reilly   Email Sonja O'Reilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, our tech is coming out tomorrow to take a look; I was just trying to see what I could do in the interim. We manually start our digital projectors as we only have the two.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-02-2010 06:41 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't say "never" has to be refocused...but it shouldn't have to be focused during the movie...they are much more stable than that.

Steve

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2010 09:55 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's the same bug as in the barco projector
Don't use the cues that change your projector screen (leave it in scope) and remove the cues flat and scope from the show.

Steve Guttag

- posted 01-02-2010 10:05 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Barco bug has been fixed...firmware update.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2010 10:53 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a version number that I can check?

Steve Guttag

- posted 01-02-2010 11:19 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a projector model? For instance, update package 1.03.60 is for the DP2000.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2010 03:47 PM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is always due to the operator. Switching macro (scope to flat) and shutting down to fast. Strangly only on DP3000 (not on DP2000 DP1500 or DP1200).

There have been updates from our projectors a few weeks ago. I should chech out the version that is loaded.

Steve Guttag

- posted 01-02-2010 04:17 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the DP3000, it is v01.02.00.

Steve

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2010 03:27 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thanks for the information

Sonja O'Reilly
Film Handler

- posted 01-04-2010 10:02 PM      Profile for Sonja O'Reilly   Email Sonja O'Reilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, there were some internal screws loose and our tech has taken care of them. Either the lens lock was loose or the lens position accuracy was off. I wasn't there when he fixed it this morning, but its fixed!

Elise Brandt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2010 07:33 AM      Profile for Elise Brandt   Email Elise Brandt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bug? What kind of a Barco bug? We have a DP1200 and getting a software update this week, and we've been having some problems that are seriously not easy to explain.

Something to do with the cues? How?

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2010 07:52 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the old version of Barco firmware, there were issues that the lens settings were being lost. This was happening when a macro was executed and the operator shut down the complete projector before allowing the lens to reach the final position therefore the lens files were corrupted. as of version 1.02 Barco has considered the issue solved forever and I think this was only on the DP3000 and DP100 series. The Barcos with 0.98' chip did not have this issue.
Demetris

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: