Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC 1600 Color loss

Author Topic: NEC 1600 Color loss
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2009 04:18 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Started a digital session on Sunday when the preshow hit the screen it was green/gray , no reds , I let it run wondering if it was the server or projector , however when the main feature commenced (from the qube) separate server to preshow server it to was green/gray with no red. guessing the fault was with the NEC I shut it down and rebooted , the problem corrected itself, I am curious if others have experienced this ,and could it have been a "glitch" or do i maybe have a serious underlying fault with the color box ?

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 12-15-2009 07:56 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it came back with a re-boot, if it hasn't done it again it was probably just a glitch; if it happens again I'd get it looked at.

One of the problems with digital systems is that they tend to occasionally do silly things for no obvious reason, like the digital show that I ran which jumped back to the beginning after the first thirty seconds or so, don't know why, never did it before, or as far as I'm aware, since. The same 'film' had run other shows previously, and the show that re-started was fine after it did that.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-15-2009 11:24 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a way to reset only the projector or server? That could give you a hint.

- Carsten

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-15-2009 11:47 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess try rebooting each seperatly and that would determine which unit had the fault

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-15-2009 12:05 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The NEC wasn't formatted correctly for the resolution from the preshow.

For example, if you use a 1998 flat setting in the NEC and the source doesn't match the setting, this is what will usually happen.

Kevin Fairchild
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2009 01:25 PM      Profile for Kevin Fairchild   Email Kevin Fairchild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had that problem once. We don't run pre-shows, but when the previews/feature started there was no red. The quickest way is to use the remote. Hold Control+Help for three seconds. That will reset the TI boards without having to reboot the entire projector. Note: Close the douser first. Some funky stuff happens on screen while the TI boards reset.

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2009 07:31 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the input guys , have not had this happen again , but will try the reset option if it happens again.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: