Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie cp2000zx, sb observed operating temps.

Author Topic: Christie cp2000zx, sb observed operating temps.
John Henry
Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2009 05:42 PM      Profile for John Henry   Email John Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, Just started running D-Cinema for the past month. I was needing to know what the observed operating temp are...I know what the accepted guidelines are from the Christie manual, I need to know because our installer says we need more airflow in the exhaust system, yet he did not have an airflow meter to check, he says that Christie may not warranty a malfunctions...BTW we are running in the posted normal operating temps.

Thanks for any input

|  IP: Logged

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2009 05:48 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if your exhaust system does not exhaust as "fast" as it should be, you might have premature bulb failures or even worse mirror damage. What is the power of your main exhaust fan? Are you using one exhaust at the projector end and one elsewhere?
Demetris

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-27-2009 07:37 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you go with at least the reccomended air flow you are fine. It should be verifiable. Your lamp AND projector warranty will be in effect and they can't cite you for too little airflow. If you are running a 3kw lamp I still prefer 1000cfm. Things are alot happier at that CFM. I also reccomend FanTech in line turbine exhaust blowers.

Mark

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-27-2009 09:28 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, you want to definitely have plenty of exhaust for them things.

You got a very expensive glass mirror in them things along with other components that will suffer if a bulb decides on blowing (why you follow bulb changeout requirements to the letter when running digital..) due to lack of exhaust or hours over warranty.

-Monte

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-28-2009 07:10 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention that calling in a qualified HVAC person with a proper air flow meter can be a wise investment... Granted you're not seeing any red lights on the TPC indicating problems but you may still have too little airflow. One of the major faults today is that these projectors lack a decent airflow sensor. Instead of the cheapy little switch they are using a real airflow sensor that compares airflow based on stack vaccum vs. the size of the lamp entered into the set up info should really be incorporated. With digital better to be safe than $10,000.00 sorry!!!

Mark

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2009 03:46 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we installed ours, I called our HVAC tech and gave them the cfm specs in the manual. I initially told them 600cfm minimum on an 8" duct, not realizing that 600cfm was for high altitude, so that's what he used as a guide when selecting updraft rooftop blower. He also calculated on 20' duct length and it is actually between 5' and 10'. Anyway, after all was said and done we ended up with an average 800cfm. Keepin' 'em nice and cool. [Cool]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: