Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Digital "black leader"

Author Topic: Digital "black leader"
Geena Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2009 11:26 AM      Profile for Geena Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Geena Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, here's an odd question: Does anyone know where I can find files of blank space to stick at the start of my show files? Since our digital units are all sharing houses with 35mm projectors, I'm not keen on screwing with the timer delay for start of show on the automation.

|  IP: Logged

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2009 11:49 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geena what server do you have? Usually in a Dolby server the blank cue file is preloaded

Geena Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2009 11:50 AM      Profile for Geena Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Geena Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Qube XP-D.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2009 12:01 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. Geena your equipment dealer should provide you free of charge!

Geena Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2009 12:12 PM      Profile for Geena Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Geena Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shall contact them forthwith. In the meantime, turns out there's a preloaded 16-second Qube logo I can use for this purpose.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2009 12:16 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think that all D-Cine server manufacturers would add at least a basic black blank leader clip in their servers. Doremi and Dolby sure has one. Search deeper Geena! You might find something. On the other occasion, how do you feel with your installation and equipment now that you have them running?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-13-2009 09:01 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geena,

Be sure to request the trailer drives from Technicolor or who ever else also has them. You will generally find all this stuff on those hard drives. They generally come out once a month. You may want to request the last two issues of the drives just so you can go through and catch the stuff you are missing.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: