Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby Seminar on DSS-200 on July 20th

Author Topic: Dolby Seminar on DSS-200 on July 20th
Andres Briano
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 03:03 PM      Profile for Andres Briano   Author's Homepage   Email Andres Briano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,
Is anyone attending said seminar? I´ll be going. Is anyone else?

Andrés

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-15-2009 04:24 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While you're there please find out about the new costs for software maintainance and let us all know. If the cost is very high I certainly won't be using their gear any longer.

Thanks!
Mark

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2009 11:41 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would be nice! We've just installed one.

It went ok, there is of course the learning curve with ever new piece of kit.

I really like the new Show Manager front end, it's tidied up and a lot slicker.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-17-2009 08:14 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe updating to 4.x.x. of the DSP100 will also bring about TSM improvements.

Mark...the costs for the extended warranty (which includes software updates for the same duration) as well as the cost for just software updates are printed in the current dealer price book...they are based on percentages (software only is much lower than a full product extended warranty, as you might expect). It isn't uniform for every product but, as I recall, there are only two groups of products. Any dealer should be able to provide a quote at this time for extended product warranty (includes the extended software subscription) or extended software subscription only prices.

Steve

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2009 02:37 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

100% correct on that. You also have to perform this update if you are trying to network DSS200 and DSS/DSP100, which we have done succesfully.

Andres Briano
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2009 11:50 AM      Profile for Andres Briano   Author's Homepage   Email Andres Briano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it that nobody is going... [Big Grin]

Mike Babb
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2009 12:23 PM      Profile for Mike Babb   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Babb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going but do yourself a favor and spend some time in the city, I believe they still have everyone staying at the hotel by the airport which is nice enough but not in San Francisco, a short walk or cab ride up the street is the Millbrae BART station which will take you to the city center, get off at Powell for a look around...

Kevin Fairchild
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2009 01:25 PM      Profile for Kevin Fairchild   Email Kevin Fairchild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be going. See you there, Andres!
PS. I was told that I would be getting version 4.1 while I was there. I think that the tech just misspoke and meant to say version 4.0, but i'll keep my fingers crossed!

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2009 01:59 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's higher than 4.0, which has been available to download for some time now, albeit not recomended for deployment.

I don't have the exact version numebr to hand, it's on the company laptop.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-18-2009 02:59 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Notice I used 4.x.x to avoid that stupid little sub version thing...remember the version refers to the package, not any individual component within the package (just like the TI software and the individual projector softwares).

There are two 4.x.x DSP softwares For the DSP100 system...one that should work fine now and one that is for full DCI compliance.

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: