Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Adjusting Doremi internal clock

Author Topic: Adjusting Doremi internal clock
Tim Asten
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2009 05:57 AM      Profile for Tim Asten   Email Tim Asten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to adjust the internal clock on a Doremi server? We were told it cannot be done locally due to possible software key abuses, but we sometimes use the built in timer that uses the clocks which are now running about 9 mins slow. The server uses Cinelister software. Any ideas?

Tim.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-02-2009 08:11 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No! I believe DCI has a rule about that so it's not settable manually. I nkow for sure that Dolby's is not settable. If you need to keep the clock accurate you need to have a network time server in your system someplace that will keep the D-Cinema server, ticketing system, etc all updated together... or you'll have ever so slight drifting of all the clocks in a complex and they'll all have the wrong time. You may also be able to connect it to a GPS refrence clock, US NIST, or Great Britan time standards somehow over your theater's network. Ask your IT expert about doing this.

Mark

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: