Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Digital SLides and sound for ads.

Author Topic: Digital SLides and sound for ads.
Thomas Moore
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2009 04:49 PM      Profile for Thomas Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Five auditoriums are being setup to run digital slides (one projector for each auditorium) and accompanying music on dvd also that will need to go into each sound rack. what is the easiest way to get this done. Hubs? VGA to av conveters?....thanks for any help with this.

|  IP: Logged

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2009 07:43 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you running the audio for the digital ad's/slides from another source? What system are you installing? Will it handle video files (minimum 720p or 1080p)? If so, add the audio to the video.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-26-2009 08:55 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use a T-Net 300 media player.

Just hook it to any flat screen TV or video projector and connect it to your network. Upload your media to it from any computer connected to the network. Once done, you set it and forget it.

The "Display Commander" software that uploads content to the player can manage 128 devices, IRRC.

The product is made by Technovare systems.

http://www.technovare.com

Thomas Moore
Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2009 01:22 AM      Profile for Thomas Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im sorry i need to simplify because i ramble...i have one dvd player going to 5 digital projectors...and i need to get those all in sync with the slide dvd from the dvd player...i will say nothing more now because i will confuse what i need with what the hell i am talking about...

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 05-27-2009 02:36 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to be more clear. You have one DVD player connected to five digital projectors.

Presumably through a distribution amplifier.

OK. What is the problem? You say sync. But it's hard to imagine a setup where you don't already have them synchronized, since a video DA is not going to add perceivable delay.

Far better to ramble than to leave us with so little information to have no idea what your question is. Specific details, please. What do you have, what do you want, and what goes wrong when you try to do it?

--jhawk

Phil Ranucci
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2009 03:19 AM      Profile for Phil Ranucci   Email Phil Ranucci   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you get the non-sync music to each theater? A video/audio Distribution amp is what you need.(along with a bunch of cables)

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2009 06:19 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the cost of DVD players these days, put 1 in each rack. wire the automation 'play' dry contacts across the DVD play button and you're done. I did this for 35mm slide audio with and built an 18Khz tone detector - Never missed a beat, still going today.... 5 years later.

Also make sure you purchase DVD players that have an option to disable sleep mode.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-27-2009 11:00 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of digital projectors are being used? Smaller ones used only for pre-show advertising? Or are they full powered digital cinema projectors? If it is the latter the ads can be set up to run off server hard discs.

Our local Carmike theater has Screenvision ads (both static slide and full motion video) running through the primary d-cinema projectors. The lamp brightness is simply running at a lower level, and I think the projector is running at a lower resolution setting as well.

Screenvision prefers static slides as Photoshop-based files set at 1280 X 720 resolution with a 1093 X 567 safe title area. I don't quite understand the need for such an extreme inner offset for safe title (maybe some theaters are really sloppy with the curtains, masking, etc.). Obviously this well above the normal 480p resolution supported by DVD players.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: