Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » DSP100 losing time on ingestion

Author Topic: DSP100 losing time on ingestion
Robert John Jeromson
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2009 08:09 PM      Profile for Robert John Jeromson   Email Robert John Jeromson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

We have an interesting difficulty with our DSP100 (s/w version 3.0.5.5) in that the clock changes when content is ingested. The clock on the system operates as expected when in session but when we load content the clocks starts to lag and at one point ended up running 30 minutes behind. It is partnered with the DSS100 (s/w version 2.6.11.2).

Has anybody else had trouble like this and if so what was the fix?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-15-2009 08:03 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should contact Dolby on this. The clock in there is a fixed entity unless you have a master time server clock it gets updated from... all you can set in the GUI is the time zone you are in.

Mark

Mike Renlund
Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2009 10:36 AM      Profile for Mike Renlund   Email Mike Renlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How are you ingesting content when this occurs? DVD? CRU Dataport Drive? Satellite?

The clock on the front of the Show Player is related to the system clock on the Show Store. If the Show Store is working hard on loading content, it may lag. If the time is off all the time, you can run into the BIOS and change that time. It won't affect the "Secure Clock"

Playback however is centered on the "SECURE CLOCK" that lives in the Show Player, and you normally cannot look at that "current time" Its a pretty good clock, and in almost two years, I've only drifted about a minute and a half.

I have a fair amount of Dolby systems, and I haven't seen this. I'll try to load something,and watch to see what happens.

Robert John Jeromson
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2009 03:10 PM      Profile for Robert John Jeromson   Email Robert John Jeromson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your replies, we have spoken with Dolby and are waiting on a response, I will come back when we get an answer

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: