Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » AccessIT changes name to Cinedigm (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: AccessIT changes name to Cinedigm
Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2008 06:46 PM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
In the hopes of making this an easy transition I thought I would post about the name change. If you contact the NOC and we answer Cinedigm (pronounced Cine-dime) or your staff recives a call about content or equipment from Cinedigm please be aware that we have changed our moniker.
All prior emails and contact information will work just fine durring the transition. [Smile]

MORRISTOWN, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 11/25/08 -- Access Integrated Technologies, Inc. (the "Company") (NASDAQ: AIXD) announced today that it will be changing its name to Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp. (Cinedigm). The Company is the global leader in providing the technology and services that enable movie theaters to convert to digital cinema exhibition. This conversion allows for significantly expanded possibilities for big-screen theater-based entertainment, including live performances and events in 3-D.

The Company's new name and identity is designed to better represent the Company's leading position in the new paradigm in cinema entertainment made possible by its technology and services. The change also corresponds to the Company's leading industry role in digital cinema and continued expansion of its footprint with the next 10,000 screens that the Company expects to bring online with its unique nationwide satellite platform.

"It's time that we had a brand that more accurately captures the real promise of what we offer," said Bud Mayo, the Company's Chairman and CEO. "Our platform takes the movie-going experience beyond cinema, allowing studios, theatres and content-creators to enhance and expand the kinds of content they can provide to consumers."

Mayo continued, "We have successfully brought true digital cinema to over 3,700 screens in the U.S. and are preparing to almost triple that number over the coming few years. Digital cinema is a terrific opportunity for the industry and enables a wonderfully improved experience for consumers, so we are very excited about what's ahead for our business and industry."

|  IP: Logged

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 11-25-2008 08:53 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Todd McCracken
Mayo continued, "We have successfully brought true digital cinema to over 3,700 screens in the U.S.
Opposed to successfully bringing "fake digital cinema"?

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2008 09:08 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only if you're a fake Dream Theater fan.

[Big Grin]

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 11-25-2008 09:30 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Touché

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-25-2008 09:41 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So they decided to go from one name that people kept mispronouncing (I don't know how many times I heard "Access It") to a new name that requires a phonetic pronunciation guide? I would think in this bad financial era they wouldn't want to go to all the expense of name change.

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2008 10:28 PM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Access It changes name to Cine dig em'. [Wink]

Reminds me of when I hear people pronounce paradigm in the same way above.

I'm glad to see that they want to associate their name with cinema, but wouldn't it have been easier to just add "cinema" to the end of their current name? Doremi, Sony, and Dolby all use a variation of that to maintain brand recognition. I would think that Cinedigm would be starting off at the bottom again in regards to brand recognition.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2008 04:52 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
I don't know how many times I heard "Access It"
Are you serious? I can't say I have ever heard that. That's funny.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-26-2008 05:06 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this will help the stock price. (Sorry...had to.)

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-26-2008 07:16 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Nope...it is down to $.67...One normally doesn't see stocks below $1.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-26-2008 09:26 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, someone else in this industry recently changed their name to "make things all better" just like these guys did. The name is certainly pretty stupid though... kinda reminds me of that scene in Get Smart where none of the agents could pronounce the spy's name properly... Of course our billionaire friend in Ohmaha would be telling us all to buy now (GM and Ford too) while it's cheap!

Mark

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-26-2008 10:06 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this mean we'll soon start seeing that "Cinedigm" name in those commercials on HDNet?

I don't really understand why AccessIT was running commercials on HDNet in the first place. It's not like any average consumers out in TV land could buy any consumer electronics or networking gear from AccessIT. And the digital cinema system they're selling doesn't exactly have a memorable brand name unifying the whole system. Texas Instruments and DLP are the main things regular people could identify at the theater, although the Christie Projection trailer is kind of cool.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 11-26-2008 04:39 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With stock at 67 cents, it may not matter much longer. (A name change would be irrevalent.) Louis

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2008 04:59 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Cine-Dim."

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 11-27-2008 07:18 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Todd McCracken
Mayo continued, "We have successfully brought true digital cinema to over 3,700 screens in the U.S. and are preparing to almost triple that number over the coming few years.
It always seemed a bit presumptious when a manufacturer predicts how many units they are going to sell. This always struck me as odd language which had been used with each of the digital rollouts (all of them) -- manufactures can "rollout" as much product as they want, but it's the buyer who determins if they are going to "roll in" any of the product or not. These rollouts all depend on customer demand, not equipment sellers' product availability. Tripling the number of units they hope to sell is only that -- wishfull thinking.

It really depends if there will be that many more theatres out there, especially in these uncertain economic times, willing to buy that many more digital installs and more importantly, able to find banks willing to finance them. The manufacturer can "prepare to almost triple that number over the coming years" all they want, but if theatres decide they don't want to buy digital over the coming few years, there isn't much AccessIt...er...Cin-dig-it-ty-dig-it-ty can do about it. Sales are always determined buy the consumer, not by the manufacturer's sales dreams. Just ask Ford or GM.

And I agree with Mike, these suits are just idiots if they are going to do a name change now in these very uncertain economic times -- it's a VERY costly expense when the company stocks are selling under a $1 -- sheer stupidity. Stockholders should fire the bunch of them. A name change gets them nothing of tangible benefit only another huge cost for a company that looks like it can barely can afford donuts and coffee service for the conference room. It's a vanity move designed to makes people think it's a "happening" company. Yah, happening right into the toilet.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 11-27-2008 11:08 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doughnuts, coffee, raises, bonuses are never cut for executives; only for the worker-bees. (If you look at a business structure you only have: sales, counters-of-money, production, and management.)You maximize sales and production and MINIMIZE the cost of management and financial. Those who fail to do so pass quietly in the night. Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: