Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CineIPM/TPC not communicating properly.

Author Topic: CineIPM/TPC not communicating properly.
John Caswell
Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2008 03:26 PM      Profile for John Caswell   Email John Caswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, for quite a while we've had a problem with the CineIpm and Touch Panel, and so far, Arts Alliance, and Christie themselves (we use a Christie CP2000-S) haven't been able to work out what's going on. Was wondering if anyone on here has similar problems.

Basically, we used to be able to program the TPC presets (the blank ones) to specific CineIPM channels, so we'd have one set for 'Component-4:3', one for 'Component-16:9', and maybe one set to 'DVI-Laptop'. Then around a year or so ago we were no longer able to use even the presets we'd made ourselves, let alone make any new ones. Every time we pressed one of them, it would stay on whatever channel it was currently on, and we'd have to then bring up the channel list on the remote to select a different channel.

We looked at the status page on the TPC, and found that no matter what Input or Channel was selected, all of them showed up as 'Input=0, Channel=0'. The TPC no longer seems to recognise what Channel is active.

A colleague of mine managed to bring this up directly with Christie at one point, and they apparently said they'd come across the same problem once before, but had not found any kind of solution, and weren't even able to replicate the problem on demand. I'm assuming this must have happened after a software upgrade of some kind, but other sites running the same version of software don't seem to have the problem. Has anyone else had anything similar with their Digital Projectors?

John

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-22-2008 06:13 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although it really shouldn't matter... if they had recently upgraded the TPC software that may have caused it. I believe the latest TPC is ver 2.7. If they did upgrade you may want to try downgrading it back to what ever version it was you were using at the time and see if that solves your problem. Also, the TPC may still have those IPM file settings stored in there unless all that got deleted somehow during an upgrade. What TPC version are you running?? Seems to me that the IPM only has one version of software...

Mark

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: