Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dp100 Shading

Author Topic: Dp100 Shading
Adrian Hauser
Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2008 12:43 AM      Profile for Adrian Hauser   Author's Homepage   Email Adrian Hauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Does anyone have any recomendations on tracing a shading error we are seeing out of our 4YO DP100. Essentially the RHS of the projected image seems 'pinker' that the LHS.

We have just replaced the Bulb and also serviced the Water Cooling System.

Notes. The Projector is off centre and Im assuming Lens adjustment is mechanically shifted internally.
Also when looking at a pure white image I can see the shading on the Front of the lens so it is not our Port glass. It looks like the LHS side of the image on the lens has a pink fringe.

Thanks
Adrian

|  IP: Logged

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2008 02:57 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lens may be shifted too far, outwith it's covering circle. You start to see odd things at the edges if that's been done. Some other misalignment in the light path perhaps?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-25-2008 09:01 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming this problem all of a sudden appeared.... Was this shading there before you changed the lamp? Did you perform the normal xyz lamp adjuatments using the built in indicator via the system software on the TPC? If these adjustments are not done you risk cracking the integrator rod!!! Also be sure to check the system fans for dirt, especially the one below the chassis with the perforated metal covering that is cooling the 90 degree mirror... the perf metal has a tendency to plug up. Also, are all the internal optics and mirrors clean?

Mark

Adrian Hauser
Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2008 03:26 PM      Profile for Adrian Hauser   Author's Homepage   Email Adrian Hauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the suggestions, ill look into it tomorrow.

Will check alignment and cleanliness. That said Im reluctant to do this myself
and will use these responses to forward to our Barco teck.

The problem was there before the new bulb was inserted. Its a very slight
shading that most folks couldnt percieve unless it was pointed out to them.

Adrian

Adrian Hauser
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2008 12:49 PM      Profile for Adrian Hauser   Author's Homepage   Email Adrian Hauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,
could you please tell me where the XYZ lamp adjustments are in the TCP software.
I have been through the manuals and cant find what you are describing.

Many thanks
Adrian

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-26-2008 08:05 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to pull my laptop out and look where it is on the Communicator software but on the TPC it should be under where you install a new lamp. Its just a series of digits and you adjust the XYZ on the lamp module... usually on the back of the module... where you can see the pressure gauge... for the highest reading on the "meter" on the TPC display. Then the lamp is set up properly for the integrator.

Adrian Hauser
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2008 10:26 PM      Profile for Adrian Hauser   Author's Homepage   Email Adrian Hauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark,
When you say TPC are you referring to the Touch Screen Panel on the Projector itself?

I have just found the Xenon Bulb Lamp replacement manual where it describes manual XYZ alignment of the Bulb.

adrian

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: