Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Alleged Strong Pedestal and Accesory Rack for Digital Head?

Author Topic: Alleged Strong Pedestal and Accesory Rack for Digital Head?
Andres Briano
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2008 07:01 AM      Profile for Andres Briano   Author's Homepage   Email Andres Briano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all!
I´m supposed to fly north again in 10 days to help install a CP2000 on top of a "Strong Pedestal & Accesory Rack" (as the PO reads). I have been surfing the web trying to find information on this alleged pedestal with no luck. Mainly what I need is a .pdf or just the dimensions of it.

Can anyone shed some (xenon) light on it?

Thanks,
Andrés

|  IP: Logged

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 09-27-2008 08:03 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically a nice box stand to hold the projector and racking for equipment....it probably keeps their sheet metal shop busy [Smile]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-27-2008 09:26 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This may be more a case of getting a Wrong Base.....!

Yes, It may work and it may not. Depends on which CP-2000 you're installing... Normally the CP-2000SB is meant to go on it's own base and the base contains the xenon power supply and DMD cooling pump and a 4 way network switch. This version of the 2000 has 4 threaded rods comming down from each bottom corner of the projector's head that secure it to it's own base. This version isn't going to work on the Strong base!

There is another version of the CP-2000 that is meant for portable use that has an external power supply, built in DMD cooling pump and the supply is connected by an umbillical to the projector. This version might work on the Strong base if it all fits properly. It's a similar size to the NEC-2500.

I would put the server and ancillary stuff in another rack myself... you'll be sitting on the floor to operate the server if you put it in the Strong Base... it's availablke rack space is set very low.

Richard... Its not that it keeps their sheet metal shop busy... they had to use up all the car jacks somewhere [Big Grin] .

Mark

Andres Briano
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2008 01:41 PM      Profile for Andres Briano   Author's Homepage   Email Andres Briano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, guys. Does any of you know the model number? Oreven better the width, depth and height of it?
I need to tell the contractor where to put the porthole and without those measures, it´s kinda impossible.

Andres Briano
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2008 04:02 PM      Profile for Andres Briano   Author's Homepage   Email Andres Briano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got the info I needed. I´ll post it here for future reference for any members. I have a .pdf if anyone is interested.

Strong model D200027
Width: 28.46"
Depth: 49.07"

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-29-2008 08:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Height to projector mtg platform? I assume you are getting the 2000SB with the seperate power supply???

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-29-2008 08:59 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aka CP2000-X

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2008 02:36 AM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
B

Steve Guttag

- posted 09-30-2008 06:47 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, yes...I forgot to mention that the biguns are on the "B" suffix....CP20000-XB.

Andres Briano
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2008 07:57 PM      Profile for Andres Briano   Author's Homepage   Email Andres Briano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct. That would be a CP-2000XB head, with the "stand alone" ballast. Unfortunately the .pdf I got my hands on has no height on it. I had to calculate it going on drawing scale. [Roll Eyes]

I´ll email this .pdf (not that it´ll be much help to anyone in the future) to Brad so that he can add it to the warehouse, at his own discretion, of course.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-30-2008 08:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
Yes, yes...I forgot to mention that the biguns are on the "B" suffix....CP20000-XB.

CP-20000XB... Man... I wish there was a 20kw version! Perhaps soon!

Steve Guttag

- posted 09-30-2008 08:40 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its too bright for you Mark...better stick to something along your light level...CP200-XB...it may not be bright but sure has multi-channel sound!

Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-01-2008 10:22 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A CP-100 without all those extra bells and whistles might make more sense and is much easier for the average Joe(like the one that appears on these pages) to operate!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: