Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Digital Cinema.

Author Topic: Digital Cinema.
Frank Aston
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2001 06:08 PM      Profile for Frank Aston   Email Frank Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope this isn't a taboo subject but:-

Would anyone care to comment-on or appraise the varying systems of Digital Image Presentation currently in use?

I'm working with TI's DLP but I wondered if anyone has had experience of alternative methods.

Kind regards,

Frank Aston E.S.P. (Elder Statesman of Projection)

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-05-2001 06:27 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has been discussed before do a search on the site

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-05-2001 06:30 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes this has been discussed and no I do not have anymore to say about it....

Frank Aston
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2001 04:17 AM      Profile for Frank Aston   Email Frank Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops! Do I sense an ostrich mentality here?

John Anastasio
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2001 08:45 AM      Profile for John Anastasio   Author's Homepage   Email John Anastasio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not an ostrich mentality at all. If you take the time to look at the archives, you'll see that this subject has already been beaten to death. There are some interesting posts both pro and con several different systems. We just don't want to rehash the same old posts. I'm sure you'll find some interesting reading if you do a little digging.

Perry Sun
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2001 03:12 PM      Profile for Perry Sun   Author's Homepage   Email Perry Sun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Frank,

Yes, do search the extensive archives here, and if you'd like to start a d-cinema-relevant discussion, you might want to consider posting at the Digital Cinema forum at DCinemaZone.

Perry

Frank Aston
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2001 05:43 PM      Profile for Frank Aston   Email Frank Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Perry,

Thank you for a curteous response. I haven't visited the site for a while and didn't realize the topic had been discussed. Also, I was hoping for current views to illustrate a project I'm undertaking.

Personally, I'll always have difficulty in matching, for cinematic wonder, a first viewing of How The West Was Won actually in Cinerama.

Thank you for the recommended link which I'll be sure to visit.

Kind regards,

Frank.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: