Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Large Format Forum   » Print film wanted for educational purposes

Author Topic: Print film wanted for educational purposes
Tyler Purcell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2016 01:52 AM      Profile for Tyler Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler Purcell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,

I teach a film class at LACHSA, which is the art based high school in east Los Angeles. My program is 100% film, we only "discuss" differences between digital and film, because the students in my program have already done digital filmmaking.

Anyway, I've created this very cool curriculum that's very hands on and the one thing I'm missing is 70mm print film to explain/show things like magnetic soundtrack and comparing/contrasting all the main formats to one another. I've made these little 12 inch film strips of Super 8, 16mm, 35mm and I want to attach a foot of 5/70 to each of the strips.

So what I'm looking for is maybe 20 or so feet of 70mm print film that one would use on a projector. Preferably with an image, not just black leader or something. I figured it was worth asking a group of projectionists if they have anything stored they may be able to donate to the cause. I'd be very gracious and the kids would be as well! No other high school in the country is teaching film like I am and I want my students to have the best experiences possible.

Thanks for your time!

My e-mail is  -

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 08-18-2016 10:31 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the "large format" section... 15/70 and 8/70. You may want those as well?
But ask in the film section for 5/70.
I may have some 15/70 frames, haven't looked for that in a while though...

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 10-22-2016 02:52 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just came to your post which is a month old, but if you still are looking, I may have a loop of BEN HUR -- image is dark (and purple, of course). I will have to dig it out of storage -- no easy task and no guarantee, but I will give it the old college. Do you need it like, immediately?

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 10-26-2016 01:41 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Consider making each film strip the equivalent of one second for that format.

Tyler Purcell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2016 01:42 PM      Profile for Tyler Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler Purcell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The strips right now are 1 foot length. It's a good idea to make each strip one second, i will think about doing that on my next pass.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-03-2016 05:12 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a private message, Tyler.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: