Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Large Format Forum   » Building an IMAX Showlist for DTAC...HELP!!!

Author Topic: Building an IMAX Showlist for DTAC...HELP!!!
Yves Leibowitz
Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2012 11:14 PM      Profile for Yves Leibowitz   Email Yves Leibowitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

As some of you know, some commercial IMAX theaters have re installed there IMAX film projectors to run Dark Knight Rises, I have been appointed Chief IMAX Prohectionist, I have almost everything covered because of my experience of running it 5 years prior to converting to digital, but the one area I need help on is building a Showlist in the DTAC from scratch. I have built off of previous showlists which made my job easy, but never from scratch. I read the DTAC manual and followed the instructions only to build a showlist that operates all over the place. Could someone be so kind and help me by responding with a an easy how to make a showlist. All I need are Regions for playing the cd and IMAX intro. As a note since the projector is on a railing system now, transport control is disabled and the projector will always be in show position. I wont have to start the show on the DTAC at 59:52 I will need to run manually on the console.Thanks

Yves Leibowitz
Cheif IMAX Projectionist

|  IP: Logged

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2012 04:29 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yves
Who is your IMAX service tech? Have you called them?
So you aren't remote starting from the DTAC is that right, anything else different you've come across because of having the projector reinsatalled?
It may be easiest for you to talk to Norman Espana at IMAX or one of the other audio guys at IMAX in Mississauga.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2012 05:01 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yves
Who is your IMAX service tech? Have you called them?
So you aren't remote starting from the DTAC is that right, anything else different you've come across after having the projector reinstalled?
It may be easiest for you to talk to Norman Espana at IMAX or one of the other audio guys at IMAX in Mississauga.

Yves Leibowitz
Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2012 06:30 AM      Profile for Yves Leibowitz   Email Yves Leibowitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was planning to contact my tech, but i know it can be sometimes difficult to dictate over the phone. That is right the remote control is disabled on the DTAC so I have to run manually and since the transport option has been disabled and the projector will always be in show position I have to manually move the projector from show position into thread position. I was thinking about it the other night, I think I might be able to just add a Region with an announcement in the showlist that has a cue to fade the audio CD. How that would work is I will have to start the CD player first and then Start the show when it is time to start to get the audio intro going. After that I can run the projector which will be set at 59:52, those numbers will then catch up with the show list time of 59:58 and then the show should be good to sync. I will have to perform alot of trial and error on this.

Yves Leibowitz
Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2012 10:24 AM      Profile for Yves Leibowitz   Email Yves Leibowitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With my tech from IMAX direct we were able to just set up a playslit that locked and started the projector and synced up two trailers which was a success, but as far as making a fancy scmancy showlist I doubt it because apparently the DTAC system we are using is not even used in the area and no one has a clue on how to work it because of how complex it is. I will probably do what I usually did in the past and play a cd, play imax intro and turn off the lights manually when movie starts.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: