Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Large Format Forum   » Futuroscope Park in France

Author Topic: Futuroscope Park in France
Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2006 03:07 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just returned from my latest visit to the French Theme Park of Moving Image called Futuroscope in the mid western part of France.

This was my 4th visit over the past 8 years, it's a great place to see the big Film Formats like 3D Imax/Imax Magic Carpet/Showscan and 8/70mm.

I did however on this visit noted that the 360 Cinema & HD 70mm Cinema had now gone and replaced with Robots Games etc.

However, my favourite attraction "La Pavillon De La Vienne" is still showing the 20min 8/70mm Simulator Ride film, that alone makes it a worth while trip to Futuroscope, even if the print was showing some worn parts!.

Has anyone one have visited this attraction in France?.

|  IP: Logged

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2006 12:07 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I so want to go there, but I can't even afford Disney, muchless, going to France AND visiting a theme park.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2006 11:09 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not get a better job and save up your money?

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2006 11:32 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one offering a better projection position here. Except, one place, and I'm waiting on them to sort their situation out, and figure out whether they want projectionists, or Manager/operators. Right now, I'll just hold on to Regal, and continue my training there. BTW, I'm level 1 certified now, for what its worth, at least in Regal's system. I'll be there Mike, slowly and surely.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-18-2006 07:00 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting tid-bit about that 870 theatre. Years ago (late 80's/early 90's), Iwerks did the projection system and modified a Ballantyne projector to allow the reel-to-reel 870 film to be rewound at high speed thru the gate and re-cue after a show.

We did that by relaxing the gate tension and a modified Geneva so that it would act like a continuous sprocket during rewind. The change between projection and rewind was controlled with a solenoid to engage the intermittent action or the free-wheeling.

Dunno if it's still there... But it was for MANY years.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2006 04:10 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw "New Magic" in Futuroscope's real Showscan theatre way back in 1992 - best 70mm I have ever seen. Don't think they are playing that any more. Amazing place.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: