Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Large Format Forum   » “Hubble: Galaxies across Space and Time”

Author Topic: “Hubble: Galaxies across Space and Time”
Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2005 06:18 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Produced by the Office of Public Outreach at the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) — the organization responsible for conducting and coordinating the science operations of the Hubble Space Telescope — this film blends Hubble’s high-resolution images of deep space with video animation techniques to take armchair astronauts on a 10-billion-light-year trip in only three minutes.

So is this just a small feature before the main IMAX feature starts, damn, pity about the Sheridan IMAX in Bournemouth, just down the road from me, now I like to see this WOW, and Space Station, but “Space Station” available on IMAX DVD just haven’t seen it at the local “HMV” as of yet.

Anyway so who’s but “Hubble: Galaxies across Space and Time” like to know and more on the sound mix what does it feel like and fact on SPL db level in the IMAX large format screens…..

Has I’m getting excited about this new short film…

Ashley

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-27-2005 07:53 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andy,

Imax Space station is VERY, VERY dull!!!!! And it really takes a really bad space docu movie for me to rate it as a dull film, its as dull as "Mission To Mir" which was the dullest film till this one.
Haven't seen the Hubble thingy yet but all you need to do is visit the Hubble's web site for the very latest and best pics.

Mark

Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2005 11:00 PM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can view the entire Hubble LF film online here.

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2005 12:32 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Cheers for the response, I’ll guess you’ll get to see it before me, and can remember to send some SPL db level information on it as I’m guessing the sound mix on it well be out of this world?

Joseph,

Thank you for the link, being an amateur astronomer for the past 26 years, though I haven’t been outside with the “refractor” telescope in over 4 or 5 weeks now, yeah I’ve been watching the NASA TV channel online, out of this world TV it is, well to some earthlings….

Remember to watch the sky’s….

Ashley
[beer]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: