Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Large Format Forum   » Spider-man 2 edited at all?

Author Topic: Spider-man 2 edited at all?
Will Currie
Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 08:44 PM      Profile for Will Currie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody I was talking to claimed that his IMAX theater was showing an edited version of Spider-man 2. I basically told him that he was full of BS... Was I right? Are there any special time-removed edited copies of spider-man 2 out there?

Thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

James B. Openshaw
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 10:09 PM      Profile for James B. Openshaw   Author's Homepage   Email James B. Openshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To the best of my knowledge, no. Star Wars: Episode II was trimmed down since the 150 min. arms for the QTRU weren't designed/installed yet (Only 120 min. could fit at that time).

Spider-Man 2 I believe ran in its entirety.

Kyle McEachern
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2004 03:12 AM      Profile for Kyle McEachern         Edit/Delete Post 
Apollo 13 was edited to fit w/out the 150 arms, they removed the shower scene, I believe. I have heard no reports of SM2 being cut down though.

Will Currie
Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2004 08:40 AM      Profile for Will Currie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I thought... the idea that IMAX and Sony would have a special edit of Spider-man 2 for some theaters and not for others sounds a bit nutty.

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 08-16-2004 04:09 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because of issues unrelated to this particular thread, at our theatre we are currently running a 35mm print of Spiderman 2 (no trailers added) in tandem (as backup) with our IMAX presentations. The two prints are by no means synchronized with each other (equipment-wise), but one starts right after the other, and they END right after one another.

If there IS any editing, it is very, very minor since both prints have what appears to be the exact same running time (after compensating for the "Think Big" snipe leading the IMAX presentation). It is my assessment therefore that there is no editing between the versions, and that the only difference is the addition of the IMAX DMR credits placed just before the blue ratings card at the tail (which Matrix Revolutions had as well, but Harry Potter and Reloaded did NOT!).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: