Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Large Format Forum   » Push This Down! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Push This Down!
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-04-2004 10:10 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Grand-Poo-BAH, this is a great idea for a new forum. But PLEASE change the order of the forums.

I'm sooo used to "Film-Yak" being in the 3rd place and now you have inserted this forum in the wrong place thus upsetting the "normal" order.

Please put this lame, less important, section just after Film-Yak, or, better yet!, futher down the "food chain" where it belongs!

Yours in Christ,

>>> Phil

|  IP: Logged

Dominique Replogle
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2004 10:18 PM      Profile for Dominique Replogle   Author's Homepage   Email Dominique Replogle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, you could not be more right. Making sure you are using the correct butter on the popcorn and color coordinating the polyester uniforms is of much greater importance than this "lame" forum. [fu]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-04-2004 10:36 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree... as my life-blood for 15+ years was large format 870/1570 venues. But, in the grand scheme of things, who the f*ck cares? It's all just "fluff".

NO format is better than any other... it's all just what ever is the best solution to what meets the requirements of the particular venue.

>>> Phil

Dominique Replogle
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2004 10:40 PM      Profile for Dominique Replogle   Author's Homepage   Email Dominique Replogle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just had to give you a bit of crap Pill. In all I agree with you. I have always enjoyed your posts as many of em have made me laugh. And, to a rookie like me, you seem pretty well informed on the industry.

Dom [beer]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 05-04-2004 11:02 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Hill
NO format is better than any other
WRONG!!! Digital is the best format!! [thumbsup]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-04-2004 11:04 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm... OK Dom, I get it! I will put you on my "hate list" along with Joe, Daryl, Brad, Adam, Josh, Jason, Chris, Rach, Jeremy, and several other of my "friends" that I cannot think of right now...

>>> Phil

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-04-2004 11:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dom,
Just so you know bout Phil, he designed about 60% of your Iwerks(CDC) system [Cool] .... So phil does know bout them thangs ya know.

Mark

Dominique Replogle
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2004 11:16 PM      Profile for Dominique Replogle   Author's Homepage   Email Dominique Replogle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, does this mean you will be the Lama I will find at the top of the mountain when I need help with this thing? [Big Grin]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-04-2004 11:16 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DAMmit, I thought I had made Phil's enemy list. I'll have to start giving him more [bs] now. Unless I'm one of the ones he can't think of, but that still means I need to give him more [bs] .

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-04-2004 11:41 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark! Please don't sell me short! I'll have you know I designed 62.5% of those systems! Cut me some slack, huh?

Mike: Please forgive me... you are most definitely on my "List"! [beer]

>>> Phil

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2004 12:08 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While you can't really tell by his usual posts, read Phil's bio in 'Who the Heck are you?' I think he knows his stuff.

Totally agree, I have gone into the ground forum once on accident becasue of this forum, once is too many. [Smile]

Joshua Lott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2004 12:21 AM      Profile for Joshua Lott   Author's Homepage   Email Joshua Lott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Phil... What Josh were you talking about? [Wink]

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2004 03:39 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dominique Replogle
Phil, does this mean you will be the Lama I will find at the top of the mountain when I need help with this thing
Surely he means llama [Wink]
Bad tempered beast at the top of the mountain that spits and farts [Big Grin]

BTW Phil your teaser topic made me think you wanted to talk about the old two piece knock through field lens. Oh happy days! [Cool]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-05-2004 03:41 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh silly Phil, this website is film oriented. Yak is just extra fun babbling. However if you really want me to move the forums around I don't mind having the order randomly change every hour. [evil]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-05-2004 08:29 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dick Vaughan
Bad tempered beast at the top of the mountain that spits and farts
Gosh Dick, that sounds like my ex. [Wink]

Josh: I meant you of course. I'm sure you didn't think I meant Josh Jones, did you? OK, wait! I'll add ya both!

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: