Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Home Alone 2 DCP?

Author Topic: Home Alone 2 DCP?
Chad Palmer
Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2017 03:22 PM      Profile for Chad Palmer   Email Chad Palmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum, but has anyone seen/shown a DCP of "Home Alone 2" in the wild and have the correct feature information/specs for it?

Once a year I have typically hosted a private Christmas showing of the film at a venue that use to be a commercial theater, but now is an Art House/private party venue. In the past we've always gotten a public performance license through Criterion, and used a 35mm print for showing. This year they scrapped their 35mm equipment all together though, and now our only option is a DCP.

Does anyone have any experience with Criterion and their DCPs in this setting? The license request form lists DCP as an option, but previous posts have indicated that it might just be a conversion from Blu-Ray. The HA2 Blu-Ray is very poor overall with a low bitrate. I attempted to make a DCP using DCP-o-Matic, but the result wasn't very appealing on the big screen compared to what we have gotten in the past.

Any guidance/help would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2017 04:33 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Home Alone 2 is Fox - they should have a DCP through Deluxe. I know they do for Home Alone. Whatever you get on bluray may or maynot be better on DCP. I am sure none of the audience will notice.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: