Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » What's everyone's opinion on Klipsch speakers?

Author Topic: What's everyone's opinion on Klipsch speakers?
Haris Ellahi
Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2017 09:45 AM      Profile for Haris Ellahi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Specifically the top-of-the-line speakers such as the new RF-7 III? The JBL folks on the AVS Forum hate Klipsch speakers but then "Klipscholics" love them. Wanted to get some opinions from here as well.

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2017 10:35 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the cinema they tend to always be shrill and not so good.

I love mine at home and have nothing but good things to say. Using some older model RF-62 mains, and some SB and SC lines for the center and rears. Subs are also klipsch and not too bad (I use two of them).

I have them paired with a Pioneer THX select receiver and have great results.

AJG

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-08-2017 07:05 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not up on current Klipsch product. Once upon a time they were like Bose, you either loved or hated them (depending on whether you had spent $$$ on either, I think). Now that they've abandoned the horn loaded bass bins they might be very nice. Very few speaker brands - especially high end - use horns for HF now though... personally I have Altec 604s so I have no prejudice against horns.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-14-2017 02:46 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Old ones could be good IF you avoided about 90% of the models. New ones, I don't know but word is that they are good.

(Old ones had multiple drivers and horns and the "picket fence " effect would wipe out 2-4 seats midway through the width of a theatre several times.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: