Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Dead people coming back to life - TV series

Author Topic: Dead people coming back to life - TV series
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 08-31-2015 07:50 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About two years ago, a new TV series went on the air I think on the ABC network about people who died many years ago coming back to life. It was not a horror series but a drama with a supernatural theme. I do not watch TV series when they air onTV but wait for them to come out on DVD or BLU Ray and rent them from Netflex and is interested in watching this show on discs but I cannot remember the title of the series. I would appreciate it very much if someone who knows the title, would tell me what it is. BTW, if you know anything about this TV series, Is it still running?

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2015 09:51 AM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Resurrection. There is also a show on A&E called The Returned that has a similar premise. I believe it's still running.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 08-31-2015 12:41 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ThAnk yOu, MarK. I Just checked with Netflex and they already have two seasons of the series out already.

-CLaude

Matt Russell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2015 05:49 PM      Profile for Matt Russell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Resurrection got cancelled back in May. Season 2 was the final season. [Frown]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 09-23-2015 08:09 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have been doing this more and more often - get a show going and then, after you've invested a year or two or even more in it, they just kill it without any resolution. Almost makes you afraid to waste your time from the get-go on new shows, especially those that are continuming narratives and not episodic. RESURECTION is one of them, V was another, BELIEVE was another. If I thought hard enough I know I could name a bunch more. This seems to be a fairly recent develpment.

In the past, producers would at least try to give you some sort of a conclusion, even if the decision to end a show was abrupt. Now they just pull the rug out from under you, no effort to wrap anything up. One week you are watching it and you're in the middle of an on-going story line -- usually more than one -- next week it's gone and sometimes without even a definative statement that the show has been canceled, so you keep thinking it's just on hieatus and it will be back. Make you hate TV even more than you do already!

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2015 09:07 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank,

And how is this different from a Hitchcock film?

The serial movie with the last reel missing?

The cliff really hanging!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: