Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » 70mm on Blu Ray

Author Topic: 70mm on Blu Ray
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 07-06-2015 05:22 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A considerable amount of 70mm movies have been released on Blu Ray but some of them were not made from their original 65mm elements such as 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY. Ones that have that I got are just fantastic such as HELLO DOLLY, CLEOPATRA, THE SOUND OF MUSIC, LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and It's A MAD, MAD, MAD,MAD WONDERFUL WORLD. I just watched HELLO DOLLY the other night and it was like seeing it again in TODD-AO like when I first saw it in 70mm at the Cinerama Theatre in Honolulu. I watch my movies at home on a Samsung 46 inch screen and the picture quality on that set is just fantastic and I love that HDTV. All movies I watch from a Blu Ray and many DVDs have a picture quality that look like I was watching movies projected from films instead of the way they looked on my regular television sets.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Allan Riddelll
Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2015 04:10 AM      Profile for Allan Riddelll   Email Allan Riddelll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ITS A MAD MAD MAD MAD WONDERFUL WORLD ????????

My all time classic comedy favorite and you flub the title.

Disgraceful.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2015 04:49 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the title, and it made me wish for these films too:

2001: A LAWRENCE ODYSSEY
HELLO, SPACE MUSIC
THE SOUND OF CLEOPATRA
DOLLY OF ARABIA

Steve Matz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2015 11:38 AM      Profile for Steve Matz   Email Steve Matz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.aveleyman.com/FilmCredit.aspx?FilmID=9736

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2015 11:34 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO, SPACE MUSIC - now that I'd see

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-18-2015 08:28 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a Mad Mad Mad Max Fury Road - Trailer

LINK TO VIMEO

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: