Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » 3-D from 1966 - 1997

Author Topic: 3-D from 1966 - 1997
Robert Furmanek
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2015 08:44 PM      Profile for Robert Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Furmanek       Edit/Delete Post 
At long last and after many requests, we have our Silver Age 3D page on our website. I hope that you enjoy seeing these great posters again!

Boy, and some people think the 1950's features are below par...

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/silver-age-1966---1986

|  IP: Logged

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 07-30-2015 09:48 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow....that's a lot of miles of wasted celluloid! Never realized there was soooo much trash in 3D. But thanks for the posters (amazing that you can find all that stuff!)

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 07-30-2015 04:23 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the movies in Robert's post did not play in Hawaii in 3D. IF they did, they might have played at Royal's Roosevelt where they showed cheap adult movies. Andy Warhol's FRANKENSTEIN did play in 3D at the Kuhio in the over under system, a 3D process I never cared for because the picture was too dark due to the use of a single projector and lamp house. I did see the movie and the 3D was not very exciting Both THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LKAGOON and THE CREATURE WALKS AMONG US played at the Liberty in dual projection and the 3D was fantastic! I do not recall THE BUBBLE playing in 3D in Honolulu but I have the Blu Ray in 3D and it is awesome.

-Claude

Robert Furmanek
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2015 05:49 PM      Profile for Robert Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Furmanek       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, Frank.

Dark days indeed for the third-dimension!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: