Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Home sound engineering QSC

Author Topic: Home sound engineering QSC
Avi Bm
Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2015 06:12 PM      Profile for Avi Bm   Author's Homepage   Email Avi Bm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in the final stages of building a 7.2.4 atmos HT

Few questions to the sound experts on the forum.

My room size is 21×16×8.5

1.Front LCR I thought to use 3 QSC SC-1120
In a baffle wall. I have an asymetric setup due to room dimentions. Left and center ch
Being only 20cm apart and right is 1.4m from center.
Left ch is close to wall and windows on the left. Center is in center of screen and central to sitting position.
2. LCR are 1.2m of the ground and the speaker is 700 cm so horn will be at 1.65 and 1m from the ceiling. Is that too high? It's roughly 5/8 of bottom of screen.

3. The speakers will be flush with the wall but I doubt that the horns can be adjusted down.

4. I am unable to use fixed AT screen and have to comprise on retractable AT screen.
How would the speakers sound behind 3 layers of
AT fabric. Layer 1 GOM on speaker. Layer 2 black screen mask. Layer 3 Seymour XD 4k AT screen.
My other option is to place the speakers below the screen and use only gom on speakers.

How far should be the screen from the speakers?

5. Acoustic treatments 5'' rockwool slabs at first ref points.

6. Equipment marantz 7009 with qsc DCA 1622 for
LCR and Sub.

7. Surrounds was thinking about jbl 8320
Or Qsc SR 8101. QSC uses twitters vs jbl horn.
I heard the jbl but didn't here the qsc.

Appriciate your advice !

|  IP: Logged

Avi Bm
Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2015 03:40 PM      Profile for Avi Bm   Author's Homepage   Email Avi Bm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the qsc sc 112 and they are amazing.
Vocals dynamics base all perfect.
Sb 1180 is very impressive also.
1 sub sounds better than a pair in my room
Jbl 8320 surrounds are not in the same league and
Going to replace them.
Any advice on a small surround for very small room 20×16×8.5ft

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: