Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » CARMEN in 3D

Author Topic: CARMEN in 3D
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-20-2015 05:54 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first saw the Real D presentation of CARMEN in 3D at the Dole Cannery 18 during a special one day showing in 2010 and was able to see it again last night in 3D at home. The performance was specially captured on stage with state of the art 3D cameras at the Royal Ooera House at Covent Garden in London and it featured Christine Rice as Carmen, Bryan Hummel as Don Jose, Aris argirus as Escamillo and Maura Kovalevska as Micaela . The performance was grest and I find watching opera presented in video from the finest opera houses with the best singers in the world an exciting way to enjoy this form of music especially in 3D.

Once again, the 3D in CARMEN I saw at home last night was much better than the Real D showing at the Dole Cannery. To me the 3D in HD from the Opus Arte blu ray had more forward depth than the theatrical showing when I saw flower petals popping out from the screen in the last act when all the bull fighters enter the stage with Escamillo. The 5.1 DTS Master Audio was also very good.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 06-29-2015 09:20 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude, is this on BluRay? I haven't heard anything about it.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-29-2015 07:55 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it it, Frank. It is on the Opus Arte label and you can order it from Amazon. If any one else is interested in getting this Blu Ray disc, it is in 3D only and does not come with a 2D version.

Another opera in 3D on Blu Ray is AIDA and you can also order it from Amazon. If you are interested in symphonic work on Blu Ray in 3D , send me an email and I will tell you about the ones I have.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 06-29-2015 08:31 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news, Claude. You have email. Your input would certainly be appreciated and I look forward it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: