Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » THE BUBBLE - Win a Free Copy on 3-D Blu-ray!

Author Topic: THE BUBBLE - Win a Free Copy on 3-D Blu-ray!
Robert Furmanek
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2014 01:58 PM      Profile for Robert Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Furmanek       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's your chance to win a free copy of THE BUBBLE on 3-D blu-ray:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/336231-the-bubble-contest-win-a-copy-on-blu-ray/

Please visit the home page of our website to read the articles and reviews: www.3dfilmarchive.com

|  IP: Logged

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 12-04-2014 02:27 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like your recent DRAGONFLY SQUADRON, the new 3D release of THE BUBBLE was fantastic. I never cared too much for single strip 35mm 'Over/Under' 3D when I saw a movie with it in a theatre because the picture was too dark due to the use of a single light source and Polaroid glasses but THE BUBBLE's 3D on blu ray was marvelous. I thought it was just as good as fifties dual projection 3D.

From the three titles posted in your Home Theatre contest thread, I would like to see MISS SADIE THOMPSON in 3D on blu ray. I read Sony (Columbia) had already restored the 3D elements for this movie just like Paramount's HONDO but like PARAMOUNT. they have no plans to release it in 3D on blu ray. At least I will finally get a chance to get KISS ME KATE in 3D next March on Blu ray from Warner Brothers.

-Claude

Terry Monohan
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2014 03:24 PM      Profile for Terry Monohan   Email Terry Monohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude***Did the ladder come off the TV screen into your room in the Bubble. I saw this when It was first released in a small theatre the Ivar Theatre in Hollywood CA.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 12-06-2014 10:00 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE BUBBLE has a lot of ' Pop Out' scenes, Terry but I do not remember any involving a ladder. There are a lot of cool scenes and the two I remember the most is the right airplane wing and a tray of beer in a bar protruding out from the screen. The movie was like a feature length TWILIGHT ZONE episode and it was very entertaining. The only flaw the blu ray had was slightly out of sync sound during parts of the movie but it was very easy to ignore. The only thing that mattered when I obtained the disc was flawless 3D and a entertaining story and I was not disappointed.

-Claude

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2014 07:30 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ladder does come off the screen. The best 3D scene is the floating tray in the bar scene. 3D is very good across the entire movie.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 12-07-2014 02:07 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad you are into watching and enjoying 3D movies on blu ray, Mark. I think Robert Furmanek and his crew at 3-D Film Archive is off to a great start with the two fantastic 3D blu ray they have released so far. Next is 3-D RARITIES and that promises to be just as exciting as DRAGONFLY SQUADRON and THE BUBBLE.

Beside the two 3-D film Archive releases, I have enjoyed a few others that I have found the 3D to be fantastic. Some of them include films from the golden 3D era such as HOUSE OF WAX, DIAL M FOR MURDER and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and recent films that were shot in 2D and converted into 3D as PACIFIC RIM and a few others. The Classic WIZARD OF OZ is also great in 3D as well as JURASSIC PARK and TITANIC.

-Claude

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2014 06:10 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im very excited to pick up The Bubble on 3DBD. Love those old 3D films and Im a big fan of 3D projection at the cinema and at home when done right. Some of my favorite 3D movies are animations.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 12-07-2014 08:40 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you like 3D animated movies, do you have THUNDER, HOUSE OF MAGIC, Jarod? It was released about two months ago here in the states as a Walmart exclusive and it is still controlled my them. It is hard to find and last I heard, it is no longer available on Walmart Online and I have not seen it in their stores.

The 3D is excellent with good forward and rear depth and a lot of pop out scenes. THOM is not a kiddy animated movie although children will enjoy it as much as adults. The movie is very entertaining and it about a abandoned cat that gets adopted by a kindly elderly magician and now he prevents the old man's nephew from tearing down the huge house that is the magician's home as well as several of his animal friends and him.

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: