Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Hawaii Five-O Season One out 11/19/11

Author Topic: Hawaii Five-O Season One out 11/19/11
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-14-2011 07:10 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The season one release of the new Hawaii Five-O television show will be released this coming Tuesday on the 19th. All stores except Best Buy will only have the DVD version but BB will be be the only video retailer offering it on Blu-ray as a exclusive. I believe the price will be about fifty dollars for the set.

I only watched the first four episodes when it aired on the CBS network but decided to watch the rest of the season's episodes on either DVD or Blu-Ray when the show became a hit. I am really looking forward to seeing this fantastic show finally with 5.1 audio and gorgeous 1080p video because local CBS affiliate does not present their HD shows with 5.1 audio.

The first episode of season two was sneaked previewed last weekend at the Sunset at the Beach in Waikiki with all the stars of the show attending and it was a big hit. The film crew are photographing a episode this week at the University of Hawaii and it will be about our college volleyball team. It should be a good show when it airs a few months from now.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-20-2011 10:44 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a huge fan base for the new Hawaii Five-O television series because of it's local setting. You would think that all of the mainland based chains such as Best Buy and Walmart (including Sam's Club) would be aware of it and made sure all of it's Hawaii stores would have a lot of copies for their customers. WRONG! I was at my local Best Buy store about ten minutes before they opened and the first to walk up to the table at the entrance that had all of the new Blu-Rays, Dvds , Cds and games. I was shocked to see a lot oF Dumbo Bds and other titles but only two Hawaii Five-O DVDs and only one Blu-Ray. I promptly grabbed the BD and went upstairs to check out the other new stuff that was not put out on the table and noticed there were no Hawaii Five- 0 discs in the video department. I asked a clerk about it and he told me the store only received twelve DVD and Twelve Blu-Rays and after some discs were put aside for customers who had ordered them online for in store delivery, there were only two DVDs and one BD for sale this morning. Because I anticipated something like this would happen, I made sure I was first in line when the store opened and was able to buy the only BD copy they had for sale. After I went to Best Buy, I checked out Walmart and Sam's Club and they had none. Right now, Costco is the only retailer that seem to have a lot of copies for sale but only DVD because the Blu-Ray of Hawaii Five-0 is a Best Buy exclusive.

I totally dislike store exclusives when I am forced to go to a selected retailer to buy a movie.

-Claude

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2011 11:39 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chain retailers are seldom good at anticipating local markets. Former Texas Tech Football coach Mike Leach's book came out not long ago and despite coach Leach being at the local Barnes and Nobel signing copies of his book, Barnes and Nobel did not order enough of the books and they sold out fast.
When former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee had a book signing at the same Barnes and Nobel a couple of years ago, there were plenty of copies of his book. They did not sell out.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: