Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » The Royal wedding on DVD

Author Topic: The Royal wedding on DVD
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 05-28-2011 10:53 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason I was not able to watch the HD BBC telecast of the wedding of HRH, Prince William & Kate Middleton last month and in a way I am glad I did not. The broadcast was over five hours long but the DVD of the event which was just released early last week was condensed to two hours. I watched it last night after purchasing the disc for about five dollars at Best Buy and enjoyed it very much. Although it was only a DVD, the picture quality was so outstanding there were times when I felt I was watching it on a Blu-Ray disc in all of it's high definition glory! With over seventy high definition cameras positioned along the streets of London , Westminster Abbey & Buckingham Palace , the videography was awesome. I was especially impressed with the wedding coverage itself and almost felt I was there. Having visited the Abbey during my trip to London in early 2008, I know how immense the Abby is and BBC did a excellent job with their coverage there

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-31-2011 05:26 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Claude S. Ayakawa
The broadcast was over five hours long but the DVD of the event which was just released early last week was condensed to two hours.
You mean they cut out the bits where Her Maj's corgis bit the archbishop's ankle, Prince Philip had a few G & Ts too many and called a visiting dignitary a pot-bellied something-or-other and then Fergie gate-crashed the reception?

I don't know - BBC censorship just gets worse and worse ... [Roll Eyes]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-31-2011 06:04 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They probably cut out all of the rampant nudity and also that one part where Prince Harry beheaded a man.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 08-01-2011 12:48 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cruel. Just cruel.

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2011 01:20 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget the pudding and the ripping out of arms

Bob Bregazzi
Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2011 03:26 PM      Profile for Bob Bregazzi   Email Bob Bregazzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lmao, very nice guys, i like it. did'nt watch it myself. have to say i prefer kate's sister, pippa.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-03-2011 02:54 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
They probably cut out all of the rampant nudity...
Don't worry - the out-takes survived!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: